Torch and Go (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Completing What They Started, Streetwise

The Michigan Complete Streets Act.  Points of this are debatable, but overall I think it is a step (and a ride) in the right direction.  Ha…

Started by XLFD

20 May 11, 2011
Reply by XLFD

Phil Arthurhultz: What Career Politics Can Do to a Person

Phil's Gone Bad   This story above elaborates more on what the LDN printed regarding the matter today.  One hopes there isn't any more vict…

Started by XLFD

5 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by J.B

THE REPUBLIC OF HAITI

ON JANUARY 12TH, THE ISLE OF HAITI WAS HIT WITH A 7.0 SCALE EARTHQUAKE. PREDICTIONS ARE LOSS OF LIVES OF ABOUT 150,000 PEOPLE. THE US HAS A…

Started by AQUAMAN

13 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by AQUAMAN

Firefighter Dismissed After a Facebook Post... In South Carolina

The Supreme Court has determined that the right to free speech does not allow someone to go into a theater and yell "Fire" when none exist.…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Sweater Cows!

Fair Coverage/Conclusion of an Accident in Spokane?

I ran across a troubling accident that happened in Spokane.  Troubling, in my opinion, because of the coverage and the result.  Here are tw…

Started by XLFD

11 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by XLFD

Bye, Bye Blinkie

A Torch of Remembrance must be lit for the late Blinkie Weisenheimer.  Although he was never a Torch member, he engaged in some fairly s…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by Sweater Cows!

The Trial of Hank Rearden

(The following is another thought-provoking excerpt from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged which may be of interest to some.  It involves the tria…

Started by XLFD

3 Jul 23, 2010
Reply by XLFD

Money Talks

(I recently was reading a book of essays on a variety of topics, and came across this piece.  I thought it was quite profound, and particul…

Started by XLFD

4 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by XLFD

SHIRLEY SHERROD, SHE'S A REAL DANDY AT THE USDA, NOW FIRED!

Anyone see this lady's speech recorded in the last day or two? She was making a public speech at the NAACP Banquet, and told it like it rea…

Started by AQUAMAN

4 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by XLFD

Looking Both Ways: Yielding to Common Sense

Shortly after we learn how to walk as a toddler, we are introduced to life on the street.  Assisted by our parents and others, we walk thro…

Started by XLFD

2 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service