Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,903)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Genesis of a Criminal: The Travis Malone Story

The headline on this Monday's Mason County Press (MCP) reads "Ludington council expected to settle suit with local criminal.", a headline b…

Started by XLFD

17 May 5, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Secrecy Defeats Democracy in Oceana County

News It has just been publicly disclosed that a candidate running for Oceana County Commissioner running unopposed this November after win…

Started by XLFD

16 May 5, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Ludington's Leaders Swear to Keep Breaking the Law

At the April 27, 2015 City Council meeting, I stood before the city council and took them to task for the "oath of office issue" I had brou…

Started by XLFD

15 May 3, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Competitive Bidding Ludington-Style: Change the Rules During the Process

Introduction Competitive bidding is mandated by Section 2.4 of the Ludington Code for all projects unless the council can show that it is…

Started by XLFD

7 Apr 30, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Is Ludington City Manager John Shay Required to Take an Oath of Office?

While they have never stated anything until this last week, I always have got the impression that the various city leaders are totally indi…

Started by XLFD

14 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Carrying Guns in Ludington and Ann Arbor Schools

At the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year, I sent a FOIA request to Ludington Area School District (LASD) Superintendent Andrea Large i…

Started by XLFD

3 Apr 23, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Democracy Under Attack Once Again in Mason County

On Monday, August 20, 2015 another nail was driven into the coffin of democracy by local legislators.  This is at least the fourth instance…

Started by XLFD

1 Apr 22, 2015
Reply by Willy

FOIA Figures and Figureheads in Ludington

At the April 13 Ludington City Council meeting, the issue of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests came up after the City's Chairman o…

Started by XLFD

6 Apr 21, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Michigan Mushroom Identification Expert Certification for Just $175

Do you usually have a lucrative cache of morel mushrooms at a favorite foraging site?  Around these parts, this prized fungus is almost re…

Started by XLFD

2 Apr 19, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council April 13, 2015: A Tribute to Things Not Done

Denials and Other Business The headlines and stories of the City of Ludington Daily News on Tuesday indicated that the main stories out of…

Started by XLFD

12 Apr 19, 2015
Reply by stump

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service