Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,905)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington Boulevard?!

On this year's Groundhog Day, I went to the Downtown Ludington Board's (Ludington's DDA) monthly meeting being held down in the basement at…

Started by XLFD

5 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by stump

Sheriff Cole Buttresses the Fort

The office of county sheriff is the highest, and only, level of law enforcement elected in our state.  As such, the office demands a higher…

Started by XLFD

9 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by XLFD

MCC Schools' Bus Fleet Once Again in the Red for Inspections

Our local newspapers have yet to see this last Monday's article in the Detroit News, but I finally did.  Scottville and red-tagged schools…

Started by XLFD

4 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by Willy

Dubious Half Dozen Deaths: Michigan Police Citizen Kills for 2014

Exactly one year before this article is posted, two Michigan State Police troopers entered the house of Bill Marble, (pictured to the left)…

Started by XLFD

3 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Ludington Police Use of Force, Search and Seizure Policies Unviewable by Public

On December 4, 2014, I sent a FOIA request to the Honorable 51st Circuit Court Judge Susan Sniegowski, then a contracted FOIA Coordinator,…

Started by XLFD

3 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Not a Lot Aired About Wind Turbine Problems

With a recent final settlement of the last two individual holdouts of a lawsuit started in 2013 by 17 neighbors of Mason County's Lake Win…

Started by XLFD

2 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Mason County Deputy Mike Fort: Escalate, Unlawfully Incarcerate, Humiliate

This story originated from an odd incident from the weekend's Mason County Sheriff's Office (MCSO)report where it was noted that a woman ri…

Started by XLFD

10 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Unlawfully Detained Ludington Woman Fights for Freedom, Loses

As reported in the City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews). a Ludington woman was stopped by a Ludington Police Department officer at 2:19…

Started by XLFD

21 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by John Doe Jr

Ludington Code Enforcement: Threatening Letters Based on Unverified, Second-Hand Information for Ill-defined Laws

At it's last meeting, the Ludington City Council passed two onerous ordinances which should have provoked a lot of the population to rise u…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Shay Admits OMA Violated at DDA Meeting, Local Paper Disregards It

A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to a Downtown Ludington Board Meeting On Monday, January 12, 2015 I prettied myself up as best as…

Started by XLFD

5 Jan 19, 2015
Reply by Willy

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service