Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,895)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MDOT Agrees to Open Red Door Gallery Curbs Against Public Safety Concerns

In 2009, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) used a fair amount of funds for closing a bunch of curbs on South James Street in…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 29, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Scottville to Add New Tax Without Voter Approval?

The Mason County Press reported Monday 9-22-2014:    SCOTTVILLE — Scottville property owners who shut off their water will have to continue…

Started by XLFD

4 Sep 24, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Paul Spaniola is Dedicated, Efficient &... Oh Who am I Kidding

At the Fourth of July Freedom Festival Parade I was handed out a leaflet by one of the Spaniola brigade campaign workers marching in the pa…

Started by XLFD

7 Sep 24, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Fourth Ward Candidates Interview for the Position

This afternoon at 5 PM , the Ludington City Council held a special meeting with all members present to interview two candidates for the sea…

Started by XLFD

16 Sep 24, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Proposed Ludington Charter Changes Send a Message to the Public

In this COLDNews story printed in this Saturday's paper it leads off with a most interesting bit of the upcoming city council meeting on Mo…

Started by XLFD

8 Sep 23, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Can Mason County Afford Paul Spaniola as Circuit Court Judge?

I have had no great success in getting help from our local prosecutor in getting information or in getting him to assist in investigating h…

Started by XLFD

11 Sep 19, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Judge Dismisses State's Case of Murder Against Sean Phillips

Earlier this morning I opined on our sister site on Facebook, the Ludington Pitchfork:  "On July 31st, Judge Peter Wadel said he would be g…

Started by XLFD

8 Sep 16, 2014
Reply by wildfire

Ludington City Council Meeting July 14, 2014: Torches and Fireworks

A too-quick reading of the City Council's agenda for the evening might have you thinking that local police were going to be celebrating thi…

Started by XLFD

11 Sep 14, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Wind Direction to Change in Mason County?: Shineldecker Appointed to Planning Commission

The appointing of notorious Lake Winds Energy Farm critic Cary Shineldecker to the Planning Commission this last week was met with little f…

Started by XLFD

3 Sep 14, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Collusion/Corruption Between City of Ludington and 51st Circuit Court Brought to the Michigan Appeals Court Attention

The last time the Ludington Torch reported on the FOIA lawsuit against the City of Ludington which was started in 2011 by plaintiffs Toni S…

Started by XLFD

8 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service