Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,901)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

True Colors (Nontransparent) of Ludington's New FOIA Policy

The Ludington City Council had just been burned by the Freedom of Information Act.  A citizen asking for information, discovers among the E…

Started by XLFD

14 Jan 27, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

One Man's Dream, One City Council's Nightmare

Before I even knew conclusively that the City Councilors would vote to accept the Stipulated Judgment, I had a speech to say during their m…

Started by XLFD

32 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

O Brother, Ludington City Hall, Where Art Thou Ethics?

Prologue Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act pt.4   Section 3  of the Open Meetings Act says: (1)  All meetings of a public body shall…

Started by XLFD

15 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

OMA-HA-HA: Officials, COLDNews Rationalize Bad Behavior

COUNCIL TALK Let us review what was said at the recent Ludington City Council meeting, what was given to the local press, and what the loc…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Victorious: We Win

November 5 , 2012:  I had received confirmation that Attorney Philip Ellison of Outside Legal Counsel had filed a complaint in our local ci…

Started by XLFD

8 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by XLFD

An Elegy for Justice Starring Former Judge Mark Raven

Today is the day that the life of Martin Luther King is celebrated, a rabble rouser much like our original founding fathers were.  Against…

Started by XLFD

18 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Ludington settles lawsuit but...

I got this notice on facebook.  Maybe next time settlement should include Ludington publishing an admission of guilt instead of their rebut…

Started by masonco

6 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

Shay Raises Rates on the Less Fortunate

Less Fortunate Cities Ludington City Manager John Shay famously raised the salaries of City workers these last two years, and kept the fri…

Started by XLFD

9 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Urban Dictionary lesson of the day

Hmm.. Troll           1a. Noun One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causi…

Started by Guidothesemipsuedocaptitalistpig

1 Jan 20, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

Scottville's Loss, Scottville's Gain

A recent article in the Mason County Press without a by-line (written presumably by its editor in chief, Rob Alway) shows a typical media b…

Started by XLFD

44 Jan 19, 2013
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service