Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,157)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Lost Patrol: Beach Rangers Miss the Beach

On Wednesday, August 30th, it was a hot and humid, though mostly cloudy day, and I decided to go down to the beach around 4 PM.  I did the…

Started by XLFD

12 Sep 4
Reply by stump

The 411 on the 403 Ludington Avenue Accidents

On August 22nd, the City of Ludington announced an update on the proposed lane reconfiguration of Ludington Avenue, going from a mostly 5 l…

Started by XLFD

5 Sep 1
Reply by Verdad

Hickory Dickory...

Would there be any connection between the sudden disappearance of the fishing dock from Copeyon Park and the need for a dock at the kayak…

Started by shinblind

8 Aug 31
Reply by stump

In the Presence of Greatness at the August 28, 2017 Ludington City Council Meeting

Yesterday night, I found myself in the presence of greatness at Ludington City Hall, and I wasn't even aware of it until an hour after the…

Started by XLFD

12 Aug 30
Reply by XLFD

Road Diet? Why Not Road Buffet?

One of the big local topics of conversation over the last month or so  is whether the City is going to eliminate a couple of lanes on Ludin…

Started by XLFD

3 Aug 28
Reply by Willy

Secret Paramilitary Maneuvers on Rowe Street

According to TV 9&10 News:  Mason County sheriff says around 3 Friday afternoon the Ludington police, Mason County Sheriff's Office and…

Started by XLFD

24 Aug 24
Reply by XLFD

West End of Ludington Rises Up After Receiving News It's Turning Into a Water Trailhead

Don't mess with mother nature they say.  The same week the city council accepts a $300,000 grant from the MI DNR Trust Fund to help constru…

Started by XLFD

6 Aug 24
Reply by Verdad

Lies Wide Open: Officials Mangle the Truth About Ludington Road Diet

If there's one thing worse than an official outright lying to the public at an open meeting, it's the local media reporting that informatio…

Started by XLFD

10 Aug 16
Reply by John notdead Streeter

Shiv Killing Illustrates Manistee's Depth of Official Secrecy

Why are all the public officials in Manistee reluctant to give out any of the details of the stabbing death of Bruce Schaub this last Tuesd…

Started by XLFD

1 Aug 16
Reply by AQUAMAN

Diary of a Ludington Traffic Counter

Being the open journal of a volunteer for a traffic study July 21, 2017:  During lunch hour, Ludington City Hall had a call for volunteers…

Started by XLFD

9 Aug 15
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2017   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service