All Discussions Tagged 'development' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington/Scottville Chamber of Commerce President, City Manager, Lie on Their Applications

In my reporting of our local governments, I try to not pull too many punches on what I perceive as corrupted officials behaving badly.  In…

Started by XLFD

23 Apr 12, 2017
Reply by Verdad

Mika Meyers, Rural Development Outlawyers

It should come as little surprise to those that read our articles that the Ludington City Attorney, which is effectively a contracted law f…

Started by XLFD

2 Apr 26, 2016
Reply by Willy

Michigan Internet Tax, Business Killer

Starting tomorrow, internet shoppers throughout Michigan may see something new tacked on the merchandise order page-- a 6% internet sales t…

Started by XLFD

4 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Downtown Developments, May 2015: Q's and Authorities

An underreported aspect of the Ludington scene is the actions of the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) also known as the Downtown Luding…

Started by XLFD

12 May 8, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Michigan Mushroom Identification Expert Certification for Just $175

Do you usually have a lucrative cache of morel mushrooms at a favorite foraging site?  Around these parts, this prized fungus is almost re…

Started by XLFD

2 Apr 19, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Rick and TED's Bogus Journey

One week before this last Christmas, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, fresh from re-election, issued a far-reaching executive order (seen in…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 19, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Resiliency Guru Richard Norton: LIAA, LIAA

In the middle of last year, our Community Development Director Heather Tykoski was arranging a deal with the Land Information Access Associ…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by XLFD

High Sticking the Public: Proposed Detroit Arena Deserves the Penalty Box

I love the Red Wings, they are definitely my favorite hockey team but concurrent with the talk of Detroit's bankruptcy, was the talk of a n…

Started by XLFD

1 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by Willy

Michigan #1 in Propping Up Businesses by Government

No Surprise:  It's near the last in most measures of economic success Why do we have the government grab money from hard-working individual…

Started by XLFD

2 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by XLFD

The Development of Authority, part 12: Nickles for Councilor Nick, Les

At the August 25, 2012 Ludington City Council meeting, they were busy passing ordinances for millage rates and levying.  Six ordinances tha…

Started by XLFD

0 Jun 28, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service