All Discussions Tagged 'law' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Liberty and Laws, Freedom and Fireworks

An Essay on Rights, Duties and the American Way on Independence Day This year, July 1st fell on a Friday, and there were sporadic bouts of…

Started by XLFD

10 Jul 7, 2016
Reply by XLFD

May Day, Mayday, May Day, Shay Day

Today is May 1, and many of you may (no pun intended) be familiar with being an ancient northern hemisphere spring festival and a traditio…

Started by XLFD

12 May 7, 2016
Reply by jfc123

Is Ludington City Manager John Shay Required to Take an Oath of Office?

While they have never stated anything until this last week, I always have got the impression that the various city leaders are totally indi…

Started by XLFD

14 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Rented Monster-in Law, 'Rested by Monsters-in-Law-Enforcement

When I first saw this, it struck me as some sort of bogus story worthy of The Onion or Mad Magazine, but it appears to be the real deal. …

Started by XLFD

0 Feb 17, 2014

Fatal Attacks Against Police Officers: A Trend Analysis

This week, after a final pre-trial hearing for Lowell Fetters, an alleged shooter in a domestic dispute, the Chief of Police for Ludington,…

Started by XLFD

15 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by Johnny

Motorcycle Helmets Cause Accidents?

Some intriguing stats come from the first couple months of the Helmet-optional law for motorcycle operators.  From this Mlive article on Da…

Started by XLFD

14 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Dave

Flaws with Laws: Laws and Partnerships as the Problem

Tisha Casida is an independent running for federal office out in Colorado this fall and an unapologetic disciple of Dr. Ron Paul.  Her view…

Started by XLFD

3 Jun 23, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

Super Drunk Law is Enough to Drive One to Drink

The 11-4-10 edition of the LDN had a guest editorial from the Midland Daily News that applauded the new 'Super Drunk' law and said it will…

Started by XLFD

21 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by masonco

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service