All Discussions Tagged 'open' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington's West End Project: Born to be Bad

The Obstructionism Three Years ago, I delved into the origins of the west end project through requesting public records not otherwise avai…

Started by XLFD

22 Apr 27, 2016
Reply by shinblind

The Open Meetings Hacked with Richard Wilson

In reading the local newspaper's account of the meeting, you would have thought that Ludington City Attorney Richard Wilson was there to m…

Started by XLFD

5 Jan 11, 2016
Reply by AQUAMAN

Scottville Manager Admits Open Meetings Act Was Not Followed

Oddly enough, the first Scottville City Commissioner meeting of the year is being held later today with the only topic coming up (according…

Started by XLFD

5 Jan 5, 2016
Reply by AQUAMAN

'15 - Love, Ludington

A Brief History of Tennis When not dealing with local issues, I engage primarily in local living.  One of the ways I enjoy the area is to…

Started by XLFD

6 Jul 17, 2015
Reply by Willy

Open Meetings Axed by Goodrich Village President

You likely have not heard of the village of Goodrich, Michigan, a small village of under 2000 folks southeast of Flint until now, by dint…

Started by XLFD

4 Jun 22, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Shay Admits OMA Violated at DDA Meeting, Local Paper Disregards It

A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to a Downtown Ludington Board Meeting On Monday, January 12, 2015 I prettied myself up as best as…

Started by XLFD

5 Jan 19, 2015
Reply by Willy

Open Meetings Act Set to Meet 21st Century Standards?

The Open Meetings Act (OMA) was initially passed by most state legislatures just after the Watergate fiasco exposed the importance of tr…

Started by XLFD

2 Nov 16, 2014
Reply by XLFD

West Shore Board Moves Forward, Unburdened No Longer by Conscience

At the end of the recent meeting of the WSCC where the board had just voted unanimously to grant a $240,000 figure in a separation agreemen…

Started by XLFD

6 Nov 3, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting 2-24-2014: Opacity and One-sided Opinions

The February 24, 2014 Ludington City Council meeting lasted nearly an hour, fairly long for a meeting, but not a whole lot of things were a…

Started by XLFD

5 Feb 27, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council 11-25-2013: Serving Public Servants

Perhaps the most interesting thing that happened at this meeting was the service of process performed on seven Ludington public servants,…

Started by XLFD

8 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service