All Discussions Tagged 'police' (50)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shoplift with a Cop: Ludington Officials Pocket Donated Funds

Let me preface this investigative report into the Ludington 2016 "Shop with a Cop" (SWAC) program by declaring that this author has the utm…

Started by XLFD

25 Nov 21, 2017
Reply by Freedom Seeker

City of Ludington's Receives Latest FOIA Lawsuit

At the March 7, 2016 meeting, I used the newly created 'open' public comment period at the end of the meeting to process serve my latest FO…

Started by XLFD

7 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by XLFD

It's National Thank a Police Officer Day

Back in 2012, the inaugural "Tell a Police Officer Thank You" Day was held on September 13.  The initiative had been started by the Whole T…

Started by XLFD

18 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by Willy

Saline's Serpico

One of the major foundations of this country is that we are a nation of laws (a republic) and that before the law, no one is supposed to re…

Started by XLFD

3 Aug 24, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Scottville Police Officer Shows Remarkable Poise After Being Threatened with Knife

A good police officer will use a bit of discretion before using deadly force against an aggressive threat.  Scottville Police Officer Scott…

Started by XLFD

6 Jun 2, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

The Investigation Continues Into an Unsolicited Act of Kindness

Reports out of Alexandria, Virginia show a little about what has happened with our society.  I noticed an article claiming something happen…

Started by XLFD

4 May 22, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Genesis of a Criminal: The Travis Malone Story

The headline on this Monday's Mason County Press (MCP) reads "Ludington council expected to settle suit with local criminal.", a headline b…

Started by XLFD

17 May 5, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Police Tactics Called into Question After Unlawful Entry, Dog Attack on Face

Martin Lee Hoogvelt was burning a Christmas tree in a burning barrel in his backyard when somebody called it in to the local West Jordan (…

Started by XLFD

8 May 4, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Michigan Police Can Run Your Plates to Get Insurance Info

Did you know that as of September 2014, police in Michigan can run your license plate number and determine whether your vehicle is currentl…

Started by XLFD

5 Apr 3, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Ironic End to March Against Police Brutality in Lansing

As MSU finds out whether it will move into the Final Four tomorrow, after winning their first three games in the NCAA Basketball Tournament…

Started by XLFD

5 Mar 30, 2015
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service