All Discussions Tagged 'sheriff' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Execution of Deven Guilford

Quite often, our first introduction to a story of an unjust police use of force that leads to a fatality is by a news agency reiterating t…

Started by XLFD

35 Dec 6, 2017
Reply by Willy

I Sought the Sheriff, But I Did Not Sue No Deputy

After being repeatedly rebuffed through the years by our current sheriff in seeking non-exempt public records, I reached a critical point t…

Started by XLFD

7 Jul 7, 2017
Reply by XLFD

Investigating the Investigation: Darius Vanbrook Traffic Death

Fourteen year old Darius Vanbrook is hit on the highway early on a Sunday morning by a county correction officer, off-duty, driving back to…

Started by XLFD

12 Feb 13, 2017
Reply by IHaveANotion

Dropping the Bomb and Expecting More

On noon of Tuesday, an E-mail was opened by the principal of Covenant Christian School (in Amber Township), Rich Ambrose, which indicated t…

Started by XLFD

14 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by XLFD

Oceana Sheriff's Office Needs Tech Reform

In 2012, I sent a FOIA request to the Oceana County Sheriff's Office (OCSO) about a fatal bicycle accident, and received their report by th…

Started by XLFD

1 Aug 15, 2016
Reply by AQUAMAN

Sheriff Cole, His Lesbian Lawyer, and Nutty Nuptials

In January, the article  I sought the Sheriff, But I Did Not Sue No Deputy, detailed the lawsuit I had filed concerning three blocked FOIA…

Started by XLFD

4 Apr 30, 2016
Reply by Willy

Why Ludington's Kayak Guy's Arrest Affects You

You may have caught the news of an arrest of a kayaker over the last weekend in one of the local media outlets, such as the MCP, and found…

Started by XLFD

109 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by Willy

Calhoun Sheriff Releases School Threat, Unlike Mason Sheriff Kim Cole

On Friday, a serious, violent threat was made on social media towards Springfield Middle School by a seriously upset individual, prompting…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 5, 2016
Reply by Willy

Manistee Finds Nightlock Works Better Than the Boot at a Fraction of the Cost

Mason County, through their Mason County School Safety Planning Team (MCSSPT), first heard of the Boot back in April of last year, when a p…

Started by XLFD

7 Mar 2, 2016
Reply by XLFD

Open or Opaque? Opposing Opinions

Take One:  Cruzin' for Abusin' On Wednesday and Thursday of this week the opinion page of the local newspaper of record, the City of Ludin…

Started by XLFD

3 Jan 23, 2016
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service