Here's the spot to talk about your favorite or most hated NFL teams. I'm a Lions fan, not sure why some days.. lol... but I still support them regardless.

Anyway, feel free to talk trash if ya want... its all in good fun!

Views: 1491

Replies to This Discussion

I knew I'd jinx them.  Great facemask call refs.  Not a Facemask penalty.

Winning is not a sometime thing, not a kinda feely good thing, not even a once in a while thing, it's EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! Sorry Dave and X, this one's for the Lombardi trophy case, and history books.

Attachments:

Here's a video of the "facemask" grab. You decide.

If the Rodgers call was a face mask, kinda curious what this would be considered......

So, now we have not one, but two Friday morning quarterbacks? Dave, your picture illustrates what looks like the peek-a-boo technique for defensive strategy, note the hand is NOT grabbing the facemask, just over the top, no fingers penetrating the inside or grabbing it. Willy's picture illustrates the opposite, hand and fingers inside the facemask, then move to the shoulder after the head is pulled downward. I'll admit it wasn't the most flagrant facemask foul, but it still is a foul. It would be the same as saying someone only shoplifted a $1 item instead of a $100 item. Stealing is still stealing no matter the amount. Same thing here. I've see entire helmets torn off a player with a facemask foul, resulting in a serious neck or head injury. The rules apply to protect that from happening to players nowadays.

“No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,” Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states.

The rule comes with an important caveat: “If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

It wasn't a foul, and once again Detroit was screwed over by poor referee decisions.  I would've been upset if the Packers got the same raw deal.  It's not Monday morning quarterbacking to be upset with the calls of the officials when they go against the rule book.

Aqau, I'll respectfully disagree with ya :-) I see the thumb very briefly entering the face mask area before contacting the shoulder pad. You'll notice that Rodgers helmet chin strap doesn't move during the 'face mask' while by the time he is taken to the turf and comes up, the chin strap is then moved up. Also, Rodgers head was already turning toward his shoulder.

There was actually a face mask that a Green Bay player did on a Lions player that was missed.. there is a video that I've seen on Facebook but haven't figured out a way to be able to post it here, if I can figure out a way of doing it I'll post it here :-)

Anywho, I don't think either team is going to the Superbowl this year anyway... it will be another Patriots victory against some team from the NFC

Let me just ask this: if there was a facemask foul by the Packers on Stafford in this game, I didn't see it, but if there was, why didn't the coaches throw a challenge flag or get real upset with the no-call? I don't remember this happening, but why then? Either way, I can respect the convictions and defense of the Lions by you guys, and like Dave said, neither team is going to the Super Bowl this February that I can foresee. Interesting debate.

Happy Holidays Packers Fans, back at it again in Oakland, beating the Raiders at home, 30-20. Pack now 10-4 with two games left, and winning the Division AGAIN! Lions playing tonight against the Saints, can they win Dave?

Attachments:

Yep.. they can win.. and did.. even though they again tried to give it away.

And hold on on that Division thing.. they haven't won it yet.. Vikings still have a shot at winning the division. Green Bay has a tough game next week @ Arizona while the Vikings play the Giants, if the Packers lose which with the way they been playing is a possibility, it makes the last game of the season much more interesting then what people thought it was going to be.

Like I said, the division isn't a sure thing.

Don't know what's up with the Packers lately but they haven't been the same team they were the first 6 games of the season. Yesterdays humiliating defeat that saw Aaron Rodgers get benched for being ineffective after he was sacked 10 times (2 sacks were waived off due to penalties on the defense) I don't imagine sits real well with the Packer faithful... basically, they are not playing Packer football right now. Next week will be interesting as who ever wins the game, wins the division. Its quite possible that the Vikings and Packers play each other again in the playoffs depending on how things shake out when the playoff picture is complete.

Its a bit odd but I dare say that the Lions have played better ball for the most part then the Packers the 2nd half of the season. A couple games they let the opponents back into the game and it cost them a few wins and their own shot at a playoff spot.

Yup, you kind of summed it up right Dave. It looks like our North Division will be coming right down to the wire and last game. Packers really embarrassed the faithful yesterday, now HAVE to WIN at home next Sunday against the Vikings, or be a wild card team. Really depressing when your great QB gets that many sacks, even one with a fumble and TD for the defense. I expected to lose to the Cardinals, they have been on a win streak lately. But not by that score. Pitiful, and don't expect them in the SB, even though I think they win the Division. Way too many injuries hurt them badly all season long.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service