The same numbskulls running the City who continue to defy the FIOA laws are again trying to alter the West end of Ludington Ave. They just won't give up. They continue to try and waste the taxpayers money. 

"A proposal to make major changes to the west end of Ludington Avenue is scheduled to come back to the Ludington City Council Monday and the council could set public hearings in March to learn reactions of residents to the idea of seeking grant money from the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund to pay for those changes.

The council has discussed the issue many times in the past and has sought grant money for the work, with the hope this might be the year the work is funded.

One phase of the project that has been planned for several years is building a concrete walkway along the beach in front of the dune between the Ludington North Breakwater and the west end of Ludington Avenue, where the pavement ends, plus a portion of the promenade area where the avenue ends.

Another idea the council has discussed in the past would close off the westernmost block of the street to vehicles and pave it with bricks, add short shrubs and create a paved area where tents could be erected and parties held."

Views: 3292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those that can't attend a meeting, The Ludington Pitchfork on FB also offers a petition to sign online that may be of interest for many. Thanks.

Here's a link to the change.org petition which has garnered over 70 supporters in a day with little effort to advertise the cause.  Be sure to add your own voice to Captain Thompson's:   https://www.change.org/p/michigan-city-council-citizens-and-taxpaye...

This petition should be signed and shared by all! There are so many tourists that visit this beautiful area. I signed and shared it on my social media and got 15 or so signings so far. Almost all of who are tourists! Imagine if all that saw this shared it the same way and got a similar response? Would the COL council wake up? Or would it take for them to not listen and go ahead with "their" view and finally reap the repercussion's of those that oppose and FINALLY be voted out?

Change is real, and is really needed here!

X, isn't there a mistake in naming the petition " Michigan city council"? Shouldn't it be "Ludington city council"? I don't know how change.org works but if people want to look the petition up they won't find it by typing in "Ludington".

I used the search feature for the change.org and found it under "Ludington".  Google search is another matter, but it does point to this article on the LT, when you add the parameter "west end".

Ideally, it should have been put up differently, but I think this was Captain Thompson's first time at petitioning.  It's closing in on 100 petitioners, and I haven't done anything more myself than allow a link here and at our Facebook presence, the Ludington Pitchfork.

The only mistake, per a associate, is that the petition was signed up correctly, but the computer didn't print it correctly. Either way Willy, it's there for the signing, regardless of this. It DOES SAY LUDINGTON WEST END, and that in itself is clear and undeniable, for the St. of Mich..

I tried searching that page and could not find it? Can you post a link?

Try clicking on the main heading at the top of the page. What I saw were comments below the heading. Then it comes right up jfc.

I was referring to Ludington Pitchfork on FB, sorry was not clear about that.

I already signed the change.org petition.

Another example of just how low the City considers this property is the fact that they maintain a trash and debris dump smack in the middle of the dune area. I have seen this pile at monstrous proportions from time to time. The City has created a gouged out path thru the dunes using a front loader to access the area in order to dump the debris. The photo below shows the area I am talking about. Its at the very left of the image and near the center. As I said the pile varies in size from time to time but every time I have seen it there has always been some debris, whether it is trash, brush or whatever. This picture shows a minimum amount of debris but as I've stated I've seen huge amounts dumped there. I would like to see this practice stopped. I don't know of any other park in the City being used as a dump site. Especially one as unique as this. This photo was taken from the shoreline dune looking east toward Lakeshore Drive.

For a closer look, click on the photo to enlarge then click again to zoom in.

I know what you're saying, I took a picture of this area (in a pictorial essay at keeping-stearn-s-park-beautiful), when the pile was low, but the rest of Stearn's Park had pollution issues due to the decisions of the people who manage the park.  I have seen these piles awfully high in the springtime, a dumping place methinks for the cleanup of winter garbage and leftover snow piles in the nearby parking lot at the end of Loomis and beyond.

Not sure if it's been noted before, but there is a online petition @- https://www.change.org/p/michigan-city-council-citizens-and-taxpaye...

Thanks

SAVE THE WEST END!

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service