Dueling Torches (331)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Daniel Ellsberg: All the crimes Richard Nixon committed against me are now legal

BACKGROUND Daniel Ellsberg's name may be unfamiliar to you if you are under 40, but in the 1960s, Ellsberg was a high-level Pentagon offici…

Started by XLFD

4 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Willy

Obama Re-introducing Slavery? An Analogy by Rand Paul.

I found this recent analogy proposed by Rand Paul compelling and worthy of a frank discussion, here's a video followed by a partial transcr…

Started by XLFD

0 May 25, 2011

Today's Welfare Queens

Last year, I paid more taxes than multi-billion dollar conglomerate General Electric.  Last year I paid a few thousand dollars in taxes; Ge…

Started by XLFD

11 May 13, 2011
Reply by John Galt

Humility Contest: GWB vs. BHO

The recent capture and killing of Osama bin Laden, and its announcement by our president, brought to mind the fairly recent announcement of…

Started by XLFD

6 May 6, 2011
Reply by XLFD

Modern Day Racism

Welcome to the beginning of the Presidential election season; be sure to get ready for the racists to come out and say their piece.  Donald…

Started by XLFD

5 May 3, 2011
Reply by AQUAMAN

Who's Watching the Watchman?

I was sent the link to this video today, and it pretty much coincided with a nightmare I had as a result from my recent visit to the City H…

Started by XLFD

6 May 1, 2011
Reply by AQUAMAN

The Tea Parties: A Truly Progressive Movement?

Igor Volsky, Reporting for the progressive journal Think Progress learned something about the Tea Party movement by actually attending a T…

Started by XLFD

0 Apr 21, 2011

What's So Hard to Understand?

A perfect analogy for the current 'budget battles' in the US Congress was coined by Gary Johnson recently:   "Imagine: You make $60,000 a y…

Started by XLFD

17 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by Willy

LIBYA: ARE WE DOING THE RIGHT THINGS? PER THE PREZ. ON 3/28/11 SPEECH?

I guess I leave this controversial discussion up for debate. Do we seize the moment on Quaddafi, now, if not now, when? After 42 years in i…

Started by AQUAMAN

14 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by J.B

Well Fed

The Federal Reserve posted a record $81 billion profit for 2010 in the latest sign of an economy addicted to artificial stimulus. The centr…

Started by Edie Lindsey

0 Mar 20, 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service