Torch Light (1,909)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Re: The Ludington Siren Lawsuit's Two Conundrums

One month ago, the City of Ludington settled a lawsuit filed by a veteran with PTSD who claimed that the siren located at Copeyon Park, wh…

Started by XLFD

7 Jun 3
Reply by AQUAMAN

Michael's Off the Avenue

Ludington lost a signature downtown building on the SE corner of Ludington Avenue and Rath Avenue today, demolished in order to make way fo…

Started by XLFD

3 Apr 26
Reply by Willy

Local Private School Grows, Grabs State Title for Creativity

A couple weeks ago, Michigan-based Bridge Magazine published an article titled:  "Michigan private school enrollment spikes amid discontent…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 30
Reply by XLFD

War of the Roses: Veteran with PTSD Files Lawsuit with City of Ludington Over Siren

Eleven days ago, the Ludington City Council came out of a closed session and voted to have the city attorney negotiate the siren controvers…

Started by XLFD

16 Mar 29
Reply by Lake Lady

Car Washed and Pockets Cleaned

Spring is here and salty slush covers our cars.  Some of us prefer to get that nasty mess off before it erodes our vehicles like it does th…

Started by AnxiousGuy

6 Mar 15
Reply by XLFD

Protests in Michigan compared to Ontario

The protests in Canada are great for Democracy and for all freedom loving people everywhere and I hope Canadians will not give up until the…

Started by Willy

2 Feb 10
Reply by Willy

Join the Local Resistance: Write, Pay, Comply

The City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) ran a notice to Ludington area prospective authors, artists and poets asking for them to submit…

Started by XLFD

5 Feb 7
Reply by Willy

The Loveliest from Ludington

You might think from the title that I am writing about myself again, but I'm too darn humble for such self-adulation.  This short article i…

Started by XLFD

1 Jan 8
Reply by Willy

All I Want for Christmas: The Jab

It's a Christmas tradition to mangle holiday favorites, whether they be song, carol, story, or theme, and make them more relevant to the Lu…

Started by XLFD

1 Dec 23, 2021
Reply by Willy

Turbine Legend

Decades before massive wind turbines were erected in the communities of southwestern Mason County an ambitious and more costly project invo…

Started by XLFD

3 Dec 19, 2021
Reply by Willy

RSS

© 2022   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service