Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,895)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In Defense of Police Officer Troy Estree

... and All Others Arrested and Presumed Guilty on Flimsy Evidence As reported in various news outlets over the last day, An Emmett Townsh…

Started by XLFD

2 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting 8-11-2014: Lights, Cameras, Action

The Ludington City Council had a busy agenda for August, with two public hearings scheduled for a tax abatement and a sidewalk repair asses…

Started by XLFD

6 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Ludington Fourth Ward Councilor Wanda Marrison to Resign Effective August 31

Cites Family Circumstances Requiring Too Much Time to Fulfill Councilor Duties From the City of Ludington Daily News:  Fourth Ward City Co…

Started by XLFD

3 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Dog Days for Michigan Police Reserve Programs

Two communities in Michigan have recently had some positive changes in correcting unconstitutional police forces that had crept into their…

Started by XLFD

2 Aug 11, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Vote No on Mason-Oceana 9-1-1 Millage. Here's Why...

The headlines scream "Future looks bleak if 911 millage fails" in the Mason County Press, before it leads off with:  "Slower response times…

Started by XLFD

64 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Signs of Hypocrisy 2014

Back in 2011, I ran for the Ludington City Council against the then two-term councilor Kaye Holman.  If you recall, I was banned from being…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Nikki Forbes

When Local News Goes Regional

If a crime wave hit the Ludington community during the heart of tourist season, would it make a sound in our local news?  The answer seem…

Started by XLFD

13 Aug 2, 2014
Reply by Nikki Forbes

Ludington City Council Meeting 7-28-2014: Of Sidewalks and Sidesteps

The meeting's agenda looked rather quiet for this meeting, two potentially controversial topics being deferred to the next meeting on Augu…

Started by XLFD

4 Jul 30, 2014
Reply by XLFD

US 10 Corridor Charette Results: More Government Control

If you are unfamiliar with the word 'charette' you are not alone.  In my first fifty years I had never seen this word that means an intense…

Started by XLFD

3 Jul 28, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Candidate Forum Summer 2014: Propaganda and Softballs

The candidate forum held on the night of July 23, 2014 had a lot of promise.  Headlining the interest was the four candidate field for 51s…

Started by XLFD

4 Jul 25, 2014
Reply by Willy

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service