It's no secret, I like to mask debate.  Sadly, however, I seem to be only able to do so by myself since I trust in what decades of scientific studies, the CDC, the WHO, and even Dr. Fauci trusted before April of this year:  that healthy people wearing masks in a community setting does nothing positive for public health or safety.  

When the pro-maskers run out of improvised 'mid-2020' science to back up their assertions, the people who would put masks on healthy people hanging out with healthy people either 1) assign supernatural powers to the novel coronavirus or 2) just simply use the government's edicts to back up their claims.  In Michigan, that's not difficult as Governor Gretchen Whitmer has made a handful of mask mandates in her record numbers of executive orders.  The mask debate ends with cold hard science, losing to colder, harder politics or to the same junk science which claims race riots are a public health curative, but protesting lockdowns is the devil's work.

In Mason County, the City of Ludington and the local chamber of commerce teamed up to hand out informational signs to local businesses, free of charge, for them to place on their business' entrance(s).  The signs avoid any kind of mask debating by not even trying to claim that masks are for public health, rather they push the narrative that wearing a mask in Mason County businesses is the law and there is a $500 fine for those who break it.  You see these free signs on many businesses in the area telling you to mask up, or else.

July 10 COLDNews article announces:  "Local business owner, Nick Tykoski, owner of Safety Decals in Ludington stepped forward to support the effort and is producing “Mask Up Mason County” signs for Mason County businesses, free of charge, according to a press release from chamber of commerce.

“Our small businesses have been devastated after weeks of being shut down and the politicization of masks has made the reopening process difficult for businesses who are doing all they can to keep their employees and patrons safe,” stated Brandy Miller, president and CEO of the Ludington & Scottville Area Chamber of Commerce, in the press release. “We are really grateful to Safety Decals for helping us spread this important message to keep our community and businesses open”.

At the Ludington City Council meeting held by Zoom prior to this announcement, we find that the ever-generous-sounding Nick Tykoski, wife of the Community Development Director, was paid $165 for the 'free' signage.  None of the DDA board meetings held during this year, discussed this purchase, so CDD Heather Tykoski spent those public funds on the free signs from her husband without any type of backing from the DDA: 

This is the typical graft and corruption that has been part of Ludington politics over the years, not even an industrial-sized bottle of sanitizer will get rid of it anytime soon.  It is common for thieves and highwaymen to wear masks, so one shouldn't be surprised of the pro-mask position of the City, in making a resolution mandating masks in public settings and creating a 'free' sign for businesses that does the same. 

Neither of them grant our visitors or locals any type of choice in the matter if for some medical reason they cannot wear a mask, nor do they offer an exemption or alternative if one believes it violates their Constitutional rights.  Each of the mask mandates in the executive orders offer these exemptions and several others.  If you cannot tolerate wearing a mask due to a medical condition, these signs are effectively saying that your 'type of people' cannot use the facility.  That's discrimination.

I refuse to enter any business that uses the 'free' Safety Decals sign for that reason, and I encourage others to boycott these businesses until they take the signs down and moderate their message to reflect the full executive order.  Remember the truism I hinted at earlier that the wearing of masks by healthy people in community settings is not about public health, it's a lot more than that, which is why our corrupted local government is pushing it.

Wearing a mask in public at this time is a symbol of submission to the state.  Wearing a mask in public depersonalizes yourself and your view of others.  Wearing a mask in public allows people to anonymously take part in riotous and criminal activities they wouldn't otherwise take part in.  Wearing a mask in public can be deleterious to your personal health.

After picking Kamala Harris for his veep choice, Joe Biden stated that if he were president that he would have a national mandate to wear masks outdoors for the next three months minimum:
The next day (Friday, August 14th), I walked the Ludington breakwall out to the lighthouse.  Due to high water issues, one can only travel on the middle part of the breakwall, once you round the turn, this surface is only about 6 ft. wide and slippery on the edges.  You can't pass another person going either way without violating social distancing rules, which suggests that one should be wearing a mask if they travel that route.

Going to and back from the lighthouse, I passed 212 people outdoors, usually doing so while within 3 feet of them; each of these people likely had similar numbers on their trip.  Of those 212 people, 205 people were walking without a mask on.  Nearly 97% of these folks were repeatedly violating social distancing without wearing masks.

If I may generalize, the 200+ people not wearing masks were having a good time of it:  talking, smiling, laughing, taking selfies, etc.  The seven masked individuals consisted of two groups of three and one on his own.  I heard not a peep from them, and they appeared nervous rather than happy, though it was hard to tell with their face covered.  

It's hard for me to imagine after that trip (and other prior trips where I haven't seen any masks) that declaring a national outdoor mask mandate would appeal to very many people, but Biden wants to get in his own mask debate with President Trump who has eschewed such a mandate and allowed states and individuals to make their own health care decisions.

If you want to wear a mask when you go out in public out of concern for your or others' safety, then do so.  If you want to force me to put a face covering on, however, I'm sorry, but you'll have to hear and see me mask debate.

Views: 1059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So true, Lake Lady.  Your comment answers the CDD's crying that there is not enough "affordable housing."  That doesnt make sense in greater Ludington.  It seems those who cant afford housing are the temp or summer employees working for the few beer tap pulling or ice cream cup scoopers downtown who don't really get paid enough to live anyway.  They could put up tent housing for them down the Avenue, or something a little better.  Well then that class of people might have children and put some more kids in school, but they should find a better job eventually.  This city had been crying for affordable housing with no jobs that provide affordable living, imo. A waitress, supporting three kids can't usually afford to buy a house.  Imo, the DDA and its chamber offshoots and planning groups are very short sighted and don't even know how to look at the bigger picture,  but they have been a major driving force, having contact and listening to the "downtown business leaders" needs.  And if a citizen might have the courage to speak up in front of the council, they might as well be booed out of town with dirty looks and shaking heads and angry faces.  That's how it has been.

Willy, here's the committee of the whole packet for today's meeting, held earlier.  It should have all you need and more.  

Lake Lady, FS, this is agenda driven from two long-term sources that both came to debatable conclusions.  When LIAA did their master plan for the City and two neighboring townships, they inserted their progressive noses and agenda into the planning commission's manifesto, including several that seemed out of place, more suited to Seattle or Minneapolis.  Around the same time, the city brought into a housing study that concluded that Ludington had enough apartments and single-family houses, what we were missing was the 'middle', such as townhouses, duplexes, etc. 

Shortly thereafter, they ran the affordable rental properties out of town (through rental inspections) in hopes of qualifying for state and federal subsidies to build the missing middle.  They really haven't succeeded yet, in fact, it has been an abject failure in the five years.  Houses used for rentals became single family, the multi-units going up have been apartment complexes, the ones downtown sucking the life out of the tax base through over-subsidization.  Total failure.  This latest zoning change is to help facilitate the missing middle, in my honest perspective, and if they were open and honest with us, they would likely tell us that the zoning changes will help developers qualify for more grants (i.e. more subsidization) which includes PILOTs and TIFs that affect our local community.

If Covid is in the air, then we all have it, to a lesser or greater degree, so why keep this crap up? We all have to breathe air, or die, simple as that! This BS has gone on way too long, for sure, and needs to STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the hoax and twisting of truth just gets bigger blaming the current entire economic crisis on Trump because he didn't advocate wearing masks in January.

I absolutely agree Aquaman. But it will only stop when people stop wearing the masks. But a lot of them are still in fear mode, created by the left and media.

Thanks X, I'll look it over.

A continuation of my pseudo-social science experiment from the original article.  In there I noticed that 205 of 212 people I passed were NOT wearing masks on the breakwall.  The breakwall top is 6 ft wide exactly, most people are about 2 ft. wide, so you're within three feet when you pass someone.  

I tried to re-conduct the experiment yesterday, but the breakwall was closed, so I went up the Stearns sidewalk (of similar width) and counted the stats on those I passed in going from the north and south and back, taking care not to double count.  91 of 94 people were not wearing masks.

Today, the breakwall was open, but traffic was lighter.  Of the 116 people I passed, 112 were not wearing masks.

The ratio seems fairly consistent at this park over these three days:  between 96 and 97% of the people outdoors are not wearing masks in places where they know they will be forced to not social distance.  One presidential candidate wants to federally mandate mask usage outdoors, without exception.  The other one realizes that won't solve anything, but only tick off a lot of people trying to enjoy their vacation and/or their life and create more problems.

If Biden gets elected and we have to wear mask while out side not just in stores, we'll all have what is called a farmers tan on our face. Anyone for pail face tans?   TRUMP 2020 !!!!!!!!!!

Good one stump!

Color me orange. 

I did another impromptu social science experiment today as masks go. 

I rode out to the state park, plenty of people at the beach, choppy waters.

Surveyed beach life for a half-hour and the 200-300 people enjoying that beach.  

The only masks I saw (about 4) were those people coming from the concession area underneath toting food items to the outdoor seating.  

Once they removed the masks for eating they were put away.

Every single person laying out, playing, or out in the water were without masks.

Social distancing between groups was not explicitly observed in the crowded beach areas.

There is nobody at the beach (or the breakwall) holding anybody accountable for using masks when social distancing is not practicable.  

The Shopping Cart Theory applied suggests that wearing masks in such instances is a duty which at least 96% of the public does not ascribe to.

Ergo, people at beaches/parks overwhelmingly believe wearing masks outdoors is not a duty even if social distancing is relaxed.  Not now, or for the next three months.  

Ergo, Biden's mask policy is only popular for a significant minority of people who can find other purposes for masks (such as the three R's:  robbery, rioting and raping).  

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service