Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,917)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Privileged Closure Without Closure.

Why is your local elected representative keeping secrets from you?  A city councilor or school board member should openly discuss all matte…

Started by XLFD

5 Sep 13, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Hall Looking Through Your Windows

Back when the City of Ludington decided to put rental inspection revenues in the 2015 budget and approved the program late that same year,…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 13, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Defending the Welsh King and the First Amendment

Ryan Welsh King seems to have had no issues with following the law in the first 45 years of his life, but then he ran into the incompetent…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Artificially High Oriole Field Temperatures

I heard yesterday that there was supposed to be temperatures in the mid-eighties in Ludington, so I packed my wall thermometer, my digital…

Started by XLFD

7 Sep 6, 2023
Reply by Willy

Fort Machete: LPD Sergeant Transfers After Latest Miscue

Fort-word Now-former LPD Sergeant Mike Fort is no stranger to being accused of inappropriate actions while on duty as a law enforcement of…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 3, 2023
Reply by XLFD

LASD Board Meeting, August 21, 2023: Not Quite Obscene, Just Crumby

The agenda packet for the August 21, 2023 meeting of the Ludington Area School District (LASD) had some meaningful content for the school y…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 29, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting, August 14, 2023: Virtual Recall

The Aug. 14, 23 LCC council packet didn't show as much meat and potatoes as Scottville's, so I made the tough decision to bypass the affair…

Started by XLFD

5 Aug 21, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Scottville City Commission, August 14, 2023: Quickening the Processes

While a beleaguered Ludington councilor and mayor had prepared comments to glorify themselves and attack a person who would oppose their di…

Started by XLFD

0 Aug 17, 2023

Protecting the Workers from Infill Hazards... But How Will We Protect Our Children?

I've been closely following the installation of artificial turf at Oriole Field over the last couple of months, it's been a very interestin…

Started by XLFD

10 Aug 13, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Bleau and Ugly: Election Commission Rejects Recall Petitions

The clarity hearings for three recall petitions filed by Pere Marquette Charter Township Treasurer (PMCT) Karie Bleau against two of her fe…

Started by XLFD

0 Aug 13, 2023

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service