Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,912)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington City Council Meeting November 23, 2015: Blessing of the Bad

This surprisingly long but not very well attended Ludington City Council meeting had some things happening of note.  Two 'routine' public h…

Started by XLFD

19 Dec 1, 2015
Reply by XLFD

School Days, Shoe Daze, and Fuzzy Math

Just in time for the holiday season, we get an amusing feature story on a bunch of kids doing some fund raising to get more Boots for their…

Started by XLFD

2 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Has a Do-Over on Grants

At the November 9. 2015 meeting of the Ludington City Council, a public hearing was held for what was noticed as a Homeowner and Rehabilit…

Started by XLFD

6 Nov 24, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting November 9, 2015: Kids at Play

"I find it amazing that somebody that has all the answers to taxes-- can call everybody out on their taxes-- doesn't pay any city taxes a…

Started by XLFD

8 Nov 17, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Tracking the Proposed Ludington Water Trails

One of the more memorable and enjoyable summer activities I had while growing up was going down the Pere Marquette River on inflatable boat…

Started by XLFD

5 Nov 14, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Michigan: Dead Last in Transparency and Ethics Laws

The latest findings out of the Center for Public Integrity does not surprise me.  Anybody who has tried to get information out of the vario…

Started by XLFD

3 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Lk. Michigan freighters now seeking safe harbor. A BIG STORM HEADED OUR WAY!

It's been weather reported that a huge storm front is about to hit Lk. Michigan, causing up to 20' waves to mariners on the water. If that'…

Started by AQUAMAN

1 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Preview of November 9, 2015 City Council Meeting

I rarely furnish straight news without a twist, but along with the other area news media I get the Ludington city council packets on the F…

Started by XLFD

24 Nov 11, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

The Rental Inspector Cometh to Ludington

"[Manistee's Rental Inspection Program] has been an abject failure which has cost the city plenty until inspections were contracted to a p…

Started by XLFD

7 Nov 8, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Of Reserve Officers and Rental Inspections

Reserve Officers are Irresistable An interesting ruling on reserve police officers by the appeals court of Michigan, leads to an interesti…

Started by XLFD

25 Nov 7, 2015
Reply by shinblind

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service