Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,907)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

FOIA Lawsuit Initiated Against Ludington

At a meeting of the Ludington City Council occurring on September 14, 2015 the City Clerk of Ludington was served the court process for the…

Started by XLFD

17 Sep 25, 2015
Reply by stump

Ludington Bus Problems: Bigger Than They Appear

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015, I noticed some southern Michigan news outlets reporting on their latest, favorable reviewing of the most rec…

Started by XLFD

6 Sep 25, 2015
Reply by Jasper

It's National Thank a Police Officer Day

Back in 2012, the inaugural "Tell a Police Officer Thank You" Day was held on September 13.  The initiative had been started by the Whole T…

Started by XLFD

18 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by Willy

New Speed Limits for Scottville?

Just a few meetings after the issue of whether the City of Scottville should maintain its own police department and whether they actually…

Started by XLFD

25 Sep 22, 2015
Reply by XLFD

August 31, 2015 Buildings Committee on Rental Inspections: Why Isn't My Friend Competent to Know It's Safe?

A continuing theme has occurred at the meetings where the proposed Ludington rental inspection program has been discussed:  a public comme…

Started by XLFD

20 Sep 6, 2015
Reply by XLFD

The Book is Out on Manistee City Manager Candidate Kevin Bookout

On August 11, 2015 a series of interviews were extended to candidates vying for the Manistee City manager job, made necessary by the firing…

Started by XLFD

10 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Ludington Beach Patrol not patrolling beach very much.

Per this witness over this summer I can definitely say that Ludington's Beach Patrol isn't up to par with substituting for our Ludington Li…

Started by AQUAMAN

15 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Yankee Transplant Attacks Local Store Over Confederate Flag

The Ludington Torch has already touched on the national debate over the confederate flag and its appropriateness in a post-racial society i…

Started by XLFD

19 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Rental Inspection Meeting August 13, 2015: Questions Unanaswered, Answers Unquestioned

It was good to see a healthy contingent of about 60 concerned Ludington citizens at the special meeting regarding the proposed rental inspe…

Started by XLFD

41 Sep 2, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Claire the Bookgirl's Story in the Detroit News Reveals Much More

Last week, I was contacted by Frank Donnelly of the Detroit News, who had did his homework, figured out my Christian name, and tracked me…

Started by XLFD

10 Aug 29, 2015
Reply by Willy

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service