Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,926)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Closer Look at Friday's Rip Currents and Lifesavers

This article is also posted in the Let's ROLL group:  As explained in this recent thread, if not for the courage of some fearless surfboard…

Started by XLFD

15 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting 8-12-2013: Candid Camera Issues

Despite having three weeks instead of the usual two weeks between meetings, the Ludington City Council meeting of August 12, 2013 had very…

Started by XLFD

2 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Fishing for Fairness

I went fishing on July 30th at around 7:00 AM.  I took my boat on its trailer down to the Loomis Street boat launch area, and parked in the…

Started by David Organ

24 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Scottville Ox Roast Taken to Slaughter Chamber

Historical Context:  A Piece or Two of Ox is a Piece of History   When Scottville main street was paved in 1910, it was decided that a cele…

Started by XLFD

7 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Jane

Ludington Police Chief Barnett: Wastes Taxpayer Money, Does Not Feel the Need to Explain Why

Gee, at the last Ludington City Council meeting on Monday, even a couple of citizens berated me for "wasting taxpayer money on FOIA request…

Started by XLFD

17 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by David Organ

And Now, Another Version of Events

At the Monday July 22, 2013 Ludington City Council meeting, the usual City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) reporter Kevin Brasiczeski wa…

Started by XLFD

30 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Willy

City of Ludington Protects Poor Navigation by Baby Badger Captain

On the morning of Tuesday, July 23, 2013, I took a bicycle ride out to the north of Ludington, a not uncommon occurrence in the middle of s…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by EyeOnLudington

Ludington City Council 7-22-2013: Cheap Theatrics

The agenda didn't have a lot of meat on it, but there was still a lot of calories in what little there was.  The City approved the standard…

Started by XLFD

27 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Mayor Candidate Forum: Showcase on Ho-Hum

On Tuesday night at 7:00 PM, 7-16-2013, the four Ludington mayor candidates had a debate... sort of.  The sponsors of the get-together was…

Started by XLFD

11 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Two Perspectives on Excessive Force: The Blue's and the Black-and-Blue's

Cruel Hand Lucas... A woman claimed a police officer slammed her head against a wall, punched and kicked her in the torso. A man said he wa…

Started by XLFD

4 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service