Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,914)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Martin Schilling Comes Forward

The two traffic stops of Martin Schilling several years ago, the subsequent lawsuit that was settled in 2009 for $7500 in Mr. Schillings…

Started by XLFD

9 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Chuck Finley

Fact Check: City Proposal Flyer

The front outside of the flyer is anything but misleading, as a yes vote doesn't increase you rights (see below) or do anything for the…

Started by XLFD

6 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Morally Challenged Officials for Increasing Term Limits: Kaye and Kathy

Last week, WMOM Radio (102.7 FM) interviewed four people, two pairs with different views on the question of increasing term limits from thr…

Started by XLFD

5 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Of Term Limits and Democracy, Henderson and Hypocrisy

Of term limits and Democracy, Henderson and Hypocrisy   Committee for a Stronger Ludington Decides To define its goal It's Democracy! All…

Started by Haiku Confucius

21 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Historic Decision: A Prelude

At this weeks City Council meeting, they had an open discussion about the proposed historic district that will affect about 80 properties i…

Started by XLFD

3 Oct 27, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Is the Third Appeal Time a Charm?

I have yet to win an appeal for a FOIA request yet.  I have formally went through an administrative appeal with the Ludington City Council…

Started by XLFD

15 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Tough Questions for Those Who Vote for Sheriff Candidates

On Tuesday night, the City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) moderated a forum of candidates running for office from the area including th…

Started by XLFD

0 Oct 25, 2012

Bad Judgment by Judge Mark Raven?

Current Mason County Probate Judge Mark Raven endorsed candidate Jeff Nellis over candidate Nick Krieger for being the next Probate Court j…

Started by XLFD

17 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act, pt. 3: No Posted Notices

I like to think of myself as somewhat knowledgable about what is going on around Ludington, particularly in the City Hall and the plethora…

Started by XLFD

0 Oct 20, 2012

Term Limits at the Local Level, Some Examples

Some interesting notes on other areas that have term limits, and those who try to extend those term limits, plus some comments:   San Ant…

Started by XLFD

8 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service