Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,137)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington Tax Rates Dip, Yet More Taxes are to be Paid...

... Which Will only Partially Defray the Costs of Raising Them! The City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) city hall reporter Kevin Braci…

Started by XLFD

7 Jul 11
Reply by XLFD

Four hospitalized after undertow incident today

Three teenage girls were traumatized today at Stearns Park after undertow conditions made swimming dangerous. An onlooker on the breakwall…

Started by AQUAMAN

6 Jul 11
Reply by shinblind

XLFD: Bicycle Desperado of the Sidewalk

Shortly before noon this morning, Ludington Police Department's (LPD) Tony Kuster stopped by my residence looking for me, but only succeede…

Started by XLFD

12 Jul 9
Reply by XLFD

The Ramifications of a County Commissioner Castonia

With Bill Carpenter vacating his seat on the county commission in mid-June due to moving out of his district (effectively covering the 4th…

Started by XLFD

3 Jul 9
Reply by stump

All Hands on Deck Event is a Political Partisan Protest

On July 3rd, tomorrow morning at 10 AM, a bunch of people will gather together down at Stearn's beach, and threescore other locations aroun…

Started by XLFD

7 Jul 8
Reply by XLFD

Ludington's Own Russian Investigation

Four seconds.  Standing in the parking lot of Ludington's Downtown Wesco, using a stopwatch to measure how long of time it takes a motorist…

Started by XLFD

12 Jul 8
Reply by XLFD

I Sought the Sheriff, But I Did Not Sue No Deputy

After being repeatedly rebuffed through the years by our current sheriff in seeking non-exempt public records, I reached a critical point t…

Started by XLFD

7 Jul 7
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council June 26, 2017 Meeting: A Council Diminished Thrice

A sparse agenda for the latest Ludington City Council meeting seems to have accentuated three incidents where the council looked ineffectua…

Started by XLFD

18 Jun 30
Reply by IHaveANotion

Taking the Fifth: Council Interviews Three for Open Position

The Ludington City Council met in a special meeting at 4 PM on June 12 to select the next Fifth Ward councilor for the city.  Nick Tykoski,…

Started by XLFD

11 Jun 25
Reply by Willy

Take Offense at City's Defense of Spence

The two hour plus June 12, 2017 Ludington City Council meeting had more under discussion than a couple environmental issues, and updating t…

Started by XLFD

6 Jun 22
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2017   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service