Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,222)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ludington City Council Meeting, April 9, 2018: The Beating and the Meeting

The Special Wednesday Meeting of the Ludington City Council  Sorry for those who wait for my more timely articles on the Ludington City Co…

Started by XLFD

28 Apr 25
Reply by AQUAMAN

The Ludington Sandy Purchase

The Ludington Dunes Conservancy noted on April 19th (listing media sources) that: "The Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board has rec…

Started by XLFD

17 Apr 24
Reply by AQUAMAN

The Perils of Policymaking Through Facebook

A recent post on the City of Ludington Facebook page asking for input on a topic that's probably spawned the most controversy at city hall…

Started by XLFD

10 Apr 19
Reply by XLFD

STOPPED or STOOPED?

The local schools and local police have put their minds together once again to make us all feel safer by introducing and trumpeting a 'safe…

Started by XLFD

10 Apr 18
Reply by XLFD

Higher Taxes, That's a Promise

You may have read this last week that the Mason County Board of Commissioners made a resolution of their intent to establish a Promise Zone…

Started by XLFD

20 Apr 17
Reply by XLFD

The Tyranny Team and the Housing Shortage

In approaching Ludington City Hall on the evening of April 9th for the city council meeting, I was perplexed by the amount of cars parked a…

Started by XLFD

7 Apr 12
Reply by Freedom Seeker

Mason County Full Court Press

The Ludington Torch since 2009 has always been the area's free press without the annoying pop-ups and side ads that you get at our other lo…

Started by XLFD

6 Apr 12
Reply by Willy

How Greedy and Corrupt is the City of Manistee?

I once thought the City of Ludington was unique in allowing their city manager and city attorney to run roughshod with the rules at the exp…

Started by XLFD

6 Apr 9
Reply by XLFD

Treepocalypse Season Two: Waterfront Park

Last spring, unannounced to the public, 17 trees were cut down in Copeyon Park.  While admittedly, a couple of the ash trees removed had ev…

Started by XLFD

19 Apr 1
Reply by XLFD

Aldon's Primer on Police and Guns

Aldon Maleckas' Tuesday March 20, 2018 "My Turn" editorial in the City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) opinion page shows once again tha…

Started by XLFD

8 Mar 27
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2018   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service