Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,911)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Mistakes of Manistee Deputy Blake Fitch

The Manistee County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) is mourning the loss of one of their former sheriffs, Ed Haik, who passed away on Tuesday, Jan…

Started by XLFD

10 Oct 29, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Mayor Spencer Recall Petition Rejection Will be Challenged

Those Scottville residents seeking relief from the lawless reign of Mayor Marcy Spencer may be crestfallen after reading a recent article…

Started by XLFD

2 Oct 28, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Censors and Book Banners Exposed

The October 16 meeting agenda packet showed three routine uncontroversial actions by the Ludington School Board to approve payments totalin…

Started by XLFD

2 Oct 20, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Jerry Bleau's Yellow Northern Turn

Former Pere Marquette Charter Township's (PMCT) Supervisor Jerry Bleau formally 'retired' from that job back on September 18th.  Before his…

Started by XLFD

0 Oct 19, 2023

Ludington City Council Meeting, October 9, 2023: Rocco's Modern Life

The Ludington Torch wasn't able to make the October 9, 2023 meeting (agenda packet) of the Ludington City Council, but we still made a siz…

Started by XLFD

5 Oct 17, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Foster School Rejects:  County Sends City a Message

If it seems like I've been fighting for the rule of law in regard to the Foster School property all year, I have.  It started back in Febr…

Started by XLFD

8 Oct 15, 2023
Reply by stump

PM Officials Under Recall Bleaus-ing Their Minds

As the September 26, 2023 meeting of the Pere Marquette Township Board of Trustees was called to order, one could not help but believe tha…

Started by XLFD

6 Oct 5, 2023
Reply by XLFD

It's Banned Book Week... What Does That Actually Mean?

I learned that this first week of October happens to be "Banned Books Week", and I wondered what kind of sick people would devote a week t…

Started by XLFD

2 Oct 5, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Scottville City Commission, September 25, 2023: ...And to the Republic for Which I Stand...

Some people mistakenly refer to our form of government as a democracy, but this is not accurate.  Each level of our government happens to…

Started by XLFD

5 Oct 2, 2023
Reply by woodsman

Grooming the Message: Library Leads on Local Ludington Liberals

Our district library turned into a community theater for a couple of hours this last week, and it was all based on a false dog whistle mea…

Started by XLFD

5 Sep 29, 2023
Reply by Willy

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service