Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,911)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LASD Board Meeting September 18, 2023: Under the Rug

The biggest takeaway from the Ludington Area School District (LASD) Board of Education meeting on the evening of September 18th has to be…

Started by XLFD

3 Sep 23, 2023
Reply by XLFD

The Unbounded Library Lie

Tomorrow is the Ludington Area School District's (LASD) September meeting (agenda packet here), which reminds me of the prior meeting where…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 19, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council Meeting, September 11, 2023: Getting in Front

The agenda packet for the September 11, 2023 meeting of the Ludington City Council had an array of tasks to be performed as the city itself…

Started by XLFD

3 Sep 17, 2023
Reply by Willy

Freesoil Couple Sued Around Northern Michigan for Contractor Fraud

Local news media haven't been known for their investigative journalism skills, so whenever they exhibit this trait, we at the Ludington Tor…

Started by XLFD

1 Sep 16, 2023
Reply by Willy

Privileged Closure Without Closure.

Why is your local elected representative keeping secrets from you?  A city councilor or school board member should openly discuss all matte…

Started by XLFD

5 Sep 13, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Hall Looking Through Your Windows

Back when the City of Ludington decided to put rental inspection revenues in the 2015 budget and approved the program late that same year,…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 13, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Defending the Welsh King and the First Amendment

Ryan Welsh King seems to have had no issues with following the law in the first 45 years of his life, but then he ran into the incompetent…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by XLFD

Artificially High Oriole Field Temperatures

I heard yesterday that there was supposed to be temperatures in the mid-eighties in Ludington, so I packed my wall thermometer, my digital…

Started by XLFD

7 Sep 6, 2023
Reply by Willy

Fort Machete: LPD Sergeant Transfers After Latest Miscue

Fort-word Now-former LPD Sergeant Mike Fort is no stranger to being accused of inappropriate actions while on duty as a law enforcement of…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 3, 2023
Reply by XLFD

LASD Board Meeting, August 21, 2023: Not Quite Obscene, Just Crumby

The agenda packet for the August 21, 2023 meeting of the Ludington Area School District (LASD) had some meaningful content for the school y…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 29, 2023
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service