All Discussions Tagged 'open' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Superintendent David Killips: Own Up to a Dumb Mistake

David Killips was hired as interim superintendent of the Ludington Area School District (LASD) following former superintendent Cal De Kuype…

Started by XLFD

13 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by XLFD

School Board Gets a Civics Lesson on the Open Meetings Act

I must admit, that my favorite costumed hero of the north is the Petoskey Batman (followed closely by the Petoskey Batgirl), but I recently…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 10, 2013
Reply by XLFD

It's Final!: OLC Secures Judgment for Activist Against City's Secret Email Meeting

Ludington, Michigan - Outside Legal Counsel PLC, a litigation firm based in Saginaw, Michigan, has secured a judgment against the City of…

Started by XLFD

14 Feb 16, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

Emergency Repairs Needed on Ludington's Sewer Main

The City issued a contrite and courageous Press Release acknowledging that there could have been an appearance that they technically violat…

Started by XLFD

2 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by XLFD

True Colors (Nontransparent) of Ludington's New FOIA Policy

The Ludington City Council had just been burned by the Freedom of Information Act.  A citizen asking for information, discovers among the E…

Started by XLFD

14 Jan 27, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

O Brother, Ludington City Hall, Where Art Thou Ethics?

Prologue Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act pt.4   Section 3  of the Open Meetings Act says: (1)  All meetings of a public body shall…

Started by XLFD

15 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

OMA-HA-HA: Officials, COLDNews Rationalize Bad Behavior

COUNCIL TALK Let us review what was said at the recent Ludington City Council meeting, what was given to the local press, and what the loc…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by XLFD

City of Ludington Closes Door On Alleged Open Meeting Act Violations

On the first of this month, I introduced the problem to the loyal viewers of the Ludington Torch in the thread of "O Brother..." while gett…

Started by XLFD

2 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act, pt. 3: No Posted Notices

I like to think of myself as somewhat knowledgable about what is going on around Ludington, particularly in the City Hall and the plethora…

Started by XLFD

0 Oct 20, 2012

Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act, pt. 2: FOIA for a Closed Meeting

Instead of explaining the problem in depth, I went to tonight's City Council meeting seeking the minutes from the closed meeting the City h…

Started by XLFD

7 Sep 25, 2012
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service