And Now a Message from an Expert on Crazy...

Our old pal who used to give us flake news, Keith Olbermann, lectures us on why Trump needs to come out of the White House in a straight jacket.

Views: 70

You need to be a member of The Ludington Torch to add comments!

Join The Ludington Torch

Comment by Willy on January 28, 2017 at 8:01pm

I get much of my information on Conservative talk radio. Some very good shows to listen to are Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingram, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and a few more. I no longer listen to Glenn Beck since the election when he actually thought Hillary would be a better choice than Trump. Michael Savage makes a lot of sense but talks to much about himself. If I could only listen to one show it would be Rush Limbaugh since he has the best news analysis anywhere in the broadcast news media or the print media. He can make sense of any current news story better than anyone else. These people are not Republicans, they are conservatives and they have a lot of information to share.

Comment by IHaveANotion on January 28, 2017 at 1:36pm

I agree with you X and I've turned to the radio for a visual break.  I also have engaged some friends in political conversation recently, which is something I just never did before.

The two sided conversations is part of what keeps me here on this forum.  I really appreciate it when people speak their mind and challenge one another.  Without the challenge I would never learn because I need to turn the subject inside out and examine it from several points of view.

I should add I'm not anti-republican nor am I pro-democrat.  Recently I find myself exhausted by the things that make the news that add little value to what is really going on in our country.    It is so petty and it gets folks commenting all over the place and it reminds me of the music playing while the titanic sinks.

I have looked at this forum as more of a private place and less public and I appreciate the humor and some freedom of tossing the cow patties on occasion.    I can take it and give it in with the goal of getting to know one another and believing there are those who are more informed than I am and I stand a good change of learning.  If I sound ignorant from time to time....it is because there are many subjects I am ignorant about yet I remain open minded in hopes of gaining a deeper understanding.

Comment by XLFD on January 28, 2017 at 12:06pm

Inarguably, Fox News has a line-up that leans towards conservative commentary and viewpoints.  Inarguably, CNN and MSNBC lean towards progressive/liberal viewpoints.  If your goal in listening to the news is to affirm your own leanings, then you have a clear guideline for your selection.  Unfortunately, if you just want unbiased reports and a more comprehensive view of the news, you have to listen to both and filter out the nonsense.

Usually one doesn't have the time to do so; I have found that Fox News generally covers the news more fairly than the others.  Be advised that in the evening, their lineup is almost pure commentary, only featuring 'straight' news during the slot of 6 PM to 7 PM.

Comment by IHaveANotion on January 28, 2017 at 10:15am

Fox news is a mouthpiece for republicans so the minute I see the word Fox news, I turn it off.  I did my research now I know better of what you speak somewhat better.

Comment by AQUAMAN on January 28, 2017 at 2:20am

OBUMMER just wanted to create a new and fantastic dynasty to his Presidency by creating ACA. He didn't care what it meant to citizens, or the costs, or the losses of Drs. and choices. He, like Nancy Pelosi, said, just pass it, and read it later! That in itself was a BIG WARNING that things would NOT change for the better for most Americans. But, HE WAS BLACK! And that in itself prevented intervention by the Majority to decline it's implementation. This was totally supported by the MSLSD channel, CNN, and others that just want progressive SHXT to exist, and to go forward, without ANY COMMON SENSE!

Comment by Willy on January 28, 2017 at 12:04am

Comment by Willy on January 27, 2017 at 11:58pm

Comment by IHaveANotion on January 27, 2017 at 9:12pm

Aquaman, I hear you.  The voice raising, news twisting and bashing folks seem to be everywhere these days.  I can barely stand the news or Facebook.  Too many generalizations and too much blaming without investigation or clear explanations.  I know many...probably too many.... people who don't check facts or investigate what they are being told.  Some won't even listen to reason and they list off things as excuses that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.  Maybe we could all become independently wealthy for publishing our own versions of "The Idiots Guide to....fill in the blank."  I know there are many subjects I'm weak in and work to understand and learn.  Some folks think they know it all and want to tell you all about it.  I have fallen into the latter category a time or two in my life....especially after a few beverages....LOL.   People never gave up on me and I have learned.  Those of you who have a better appreciation need to write posts here and other places that explain your points of view for those who don't always follow.  Exhausting venture I know....but what other choices are there if we hope to have an understanding of other points of view.

Willy...I'm not an expert on Obamacare and I'm guessing you may know much more than I do on the subject.  My understanding is the insurance companies wrote that policy not Obama.  I'm not convinced Obama knowingly lied to the public...he was in charge and being the boss he took the blame.  It sure is possible he lied and I just am not aware because I didn't follow that subject very closely.  There are lots of folks who are not screaming idiots...some folks lack experience and educated folks to teach us/them.

With everything I say/type I always think of exceptions and turn the subject to view all angles.  No wonder I'm so long winded!

Comment by Willy on January 27, 2017 at 8:30pm

IHave

That would be a reasonable course of action if we were dealing with like minded individuals. The problem is that the leftists do not want to see America prosper. They believe America is a racist, homophobic, gender-phobia Country run by the white ancestors of slave owners and who need to be silenced. There is no common ground between conservatives and liberals at this time nor in the foreseeable future. How can conservatives agree to any of the liberal's agenda's? I want a free America where all people can seek a good future without a burdensome bureaucracy, while the liberals want a Government controlled society with themselves at the helm.

A perfect example is Obamacare. With a sneaky legislative move late in the day a huge chunk of America's economy was hijacked by Obama and the Democrats. They lied to Americans at every turn about what they were doing and what the outcome would be when it passed. This is only one example of the insanity and deceit perpetrated on the citizens of the U.S. What about allowing all the illegal aliens to invade our Country which we are forced to pay for by providing food, shelter, education, medical assistance and a whole host of other benefits given to them? A national debt of 20 trillion dollars is staggering. I could go on for a week about why we should not compromise with liberals. The fact that the Republicans grabbed their crotches and ducked behind their desks and allowed all of this to happen with not so much as a whimper shows exactly what cooperating with liberals will get us. If I were to call anyone in this topic "useful idiots" it would be the Republicans for allowing this bureaucratic carnage to take place. Yes they are "idiots".

Comment by AQUAMAN on January 27, 2017 at 5:23pm

Try to have any calm, cool, sober debate or political conversation with almost any liberal. What do you get? Well, mostly it turns into a bash by the liberal, with repeated interruptions, and an escalation of the volume to the maximum. It's on CNN/FOX/MSLSD every nite. This WAR didn't start with Trump just since Nov. 8th, it's been going on for about a year now, since the first primaries last winter. All I see is a big part of society in an unethical unholy circus of crusaders: the media hell bent on twisting the truth, the celebrity groups threats, and the morons that follow them religiously to any lengths to gain some pointless and illegal end to a cause, regardless the consequences and legality.