Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,909)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Coldwatergate: Painting by the Numbers

At the 12-3-2012 meeting, I arose during the public comment section to comment on three things, basically.  The first was whether the City…

Started by XLFD

3 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Reform, We Don't Need No Stinking Reform (Ludington City Hall, 12-3-2012)

At the 12-3-2012 meeting, I arose during the public comment section to comment on three things, basically.  The first was whether the City…

Started by XLFD

4 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by XLFD

HOF AT IT AGAIN WITH ZONING VARIANCES AND EXPANSIONS IN DOWNTOWN RESIDENTIAL AREAS.

Yes, the HOF is at it again. It's a very successful and old ice cream biz located right downtown. This time they are going to ask the City…

Started by AQUAMAN

17 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Watertankgate: No Bids, No Bargain, Nobody's Business

In the 2013 Budget, the City of Ludington has put aside money to paint the Brye Road Water Tank, pictured below, just beyond Ramada Inn to…

Started by XLFD

6 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by XLFD

The Curse of the Lake Winds Energy Refinery

CAMBRIDGE TWP., Mich. — An investigation continues into a motorcycle crash Sunday that killed an Onsted man and seriously injured his wife…

Started by XLFD

38 Dec 3, 2012
Reply by Albino Storm

Rugged Budgeting on LPD Toughbooks

Tough books tough on bucks One of the many excesses in the 2013 budget is the purchase of 5 toughbook computers for the LPD's vehicles,…

Started by XLFD

5 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by XLFD

2013 Ludington Budget: Beyond Expensive Water Closets and Water Tanks

Monday night, 11-26-2012, I attended the Ludington City Council for the first time in a month to address a couple of topics, the covert end…

Started by XLFD

4 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Mohr of the Same: Monopolizing the Local Airwaves

WLDN!  WTFF?!   I noticed a little snippet on another local internet site, Rob Always' The Mason County Press : New radio station airs Octo…

Started by XLFD

25 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Clare Sets Up Detour for Main Street: Is Scottville Next?

Master Level Main Street Program is Scrapped to Save $60,000 When the City of Clare, roughly 100 miles to the east of Ludington, achieved…

Started by XLFD

7 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Hall Makes a Resolution Before New Years...

... They Will Raise Their Pay, Keep Their Fringe Benefits Amazingly High, and Opt Out of a State Measure Meant to Reform Public Employee Be…

Started by XLFD

2 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service