George Zimmerman 'Considering' Suing NBC Over 911 Tape Edit

If Zimmerman does sue NBC as I think he should, it should be a quick and easy verdict. Obviously Zimmerman was effected by the edited audio of his 911 call to the point where he had to go into hiding for his own safety. If NBC is smart, which is debatable with some of the shenanigans they have been up to of late, they would settle even before the case got into the courts.

UPDATE: George Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara said that his client is merely "considering" suing NBC, after the New York Post reported that Zimmerman was about to move forward with a lawsuit.

O'Mara said in a statement to TheWrap: "Due in large part to NBC’s actions, George has had to live in hiding, in fear for his life. Yes, we are considering a lawsuit against NBC for defamation, and we have collaborated with outside counsel to advise Mr. Zimmerman."

EARLIER: George Zimmerman is reportedly suing NBC, NBC News president Steve Capus and correspondent Ron Allen over the network's editing of his 911 call to police before he shot Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman killed Martin, an unarmed teenager, in February. NBC aired an edited version of his exchange with the 911 operator, which made it sound like he had volunteered that Martin was "black." In fact, Zimmerman had been responding to the operator asking whether the "suspicious person" he was calling about was "black, white or Hispanic."

The Post reported:

A source tells us, “The suit will be filed imminently against NBC and its news executives. The network’s legal department has put everybody in the news department involved with this incident on notice, telling them not to comment.”

The controversial edit, which aired on "Today," roiled the network last spring. NBC News admitted that it made an "error" and apologized. Two staffers were fired after an internal investigation into the matter, and a third person was let go over another unrelated mistake editing the tape.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/george-zimmerman-nbc-911_n...

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This could be regarding most of the news printed and aired by liberal news medias. They have an agenda and it doesn't include the reporting of the news in a unbiased manner. That has been made crystal clear as evidenced by their slanted reporting regarding Obama. The United States has a sick leader, sick Senate and a sick news media that covers up for them.

It is unbelievable that NBC can get away with  altering the 911 call. Even more unbelievable that MSNBC has altered a Romney video where the people were chanting "Romney" to look like they were chanting Ryan. How long can these people get away with distorting the news to make a totally different meaning?

I would like to hope not much longer but who knows... I remember the days when people in the news media actually were responsible and had some credibility. The days of Walter Cronkite are long gone, he was pretty liberal but for the most part you never knew that other then I guess with his feeling on the Vietnam war.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service