Torches Burning Bright (59)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New FOIA Law Passed, Will Help Foster Transparency, Rein in Costs

Michigan House Bill 4001 turned into law as Public Act 563 following Governor Snyder's signature on January 11, 2015. This Act provides the…

Started by XLFD

7 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Cold Case Ludington: Who is Ludington's Doorstep Baby from 1946?

Sixty-five years before the disappearance of a baby in Ludington received the attention and invited speculation by people of the state and…

Started by XLFD

3 Jan 6, 2015
Reply by Willy

Irony Strikes Twice in Hart Fire

First Irony Chris Arquette was at Mason-Oceana County 911 doing what most new firefighters do a lot of: train.  Arquette had recently join…

Started by XLFD

1 Nov 18, 2014
Reply by Willy

Traveling Vietnam Veteran Wall Spends Labor Day Weekend in Ludington

I must personally admit to not being very connected with the Vietnam War.  I was born about the time it started, was nothing more than a ki…

Started by XLFD

2 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by XLFD

A Timeless Love Story from a Prom

I had to share the following story, not only because it is such a heartwarming story, but also because it shows that we are still raising g…

Started by XLFD

1 May 2, 2014
Reply by Willy

Ludington Talks (aka Picture This!), Ludington's First Social Networking Site, is Gone

Ludington Talks, the county's original social network ran by Shoreline Media, the good people who run the Mason and Oceana County newspaper…

Started by XLFD

22 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Will Obama Admin. use FCC to destroy Freedom of the Press Rights?

It's been on the fixed agenda for over a year now, and it appears to be getting implemented very soon in Columbia, S.C. to start. The Obama…

Started by AQUAMAN

0 Feb 21, 2014

Know Your Rights: A Handy Guide for Americans

A chart that should be on the walls of all American all-American schools, and readily accessable to the public that continues to be depriv…

Started by XLFD

1 Jan 7, 2014
Reply by Willy

Fourth Anniversary of the Ludington Torch Today

The day has kind of snuck up on me, what with all the Christmas preparation, FOIA requests and their replies and the continued interesting…

Started by XLFD

5 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Willy

Lonely Planet Ranks Michigan's Gold Coast, GR, as #1 US Destination

It's official!  Our area is the nation's #1 tourist destination spots to go to in 2014 according to renowned and acclaimed international tr…

Started by XLFD

4 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service