Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,908)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fact Check: Tykoski: Donated Labor Kept Costs Low

The above article was a good old attempt at damage control by John Shay and political friend, our new Fifth Ward Councilor Nick Tykosk…

Started by XLFD

23 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by masonco

Councilor Gary Castonia: Covert Reformer?

At the 3-12-2012 City Council Meeting, Ludington's Sixth Ward Councilor Gary Castonia remarked at the end of the latest FOIA appeal:   "I t…

Started by XLFD

21 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Fact Check: Rotta, City FOIA Issues Continue

The Ludington Daily News reports on Tuesday 3-13-2012, and Rotta, who was never contacted by the quality reporter known as Kevin Branisczes…

Started by XLFD

64 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by XLFD

FOIA Appeal, March 12, 2012: Where are the Records?

The following plea was made to my friends at City Hall to be considered at their meeting tomorrow night.  I don't expect any results, so th…

Started by XLFD

36 Mar 14, 2012
Reply by XLFD

The Appearance of Impropriety, pt. 1

The judgment I have been seeking for  concerning a simple FOIA request was scheduled for summary disposition Wednesday, March 7, 2012, iron…

Started by XLFD

43 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by XLFD

NEW MERCHANT TAX/FEE?

On several recent occasions over the last 4-6 weeks while shopping for something from a private vendor, I was suddenly told a charge of 2%…

Started by AQUAMAN

10 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Larry

LAS suck

Please be aware that LAS - esp Franklin elementary have a few parents that are offended by people who like to exercise their right to free…

Started by Angela

42 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by Dale

Primary Responsibility of Ludington City Hall

On February 28, 2011, Exactly one year ago, the City Council of Ludington passed an ordinance that allowed the City Manager to issue a lett…

Started by XLFD

72 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Larry

Signgate: The Cover up

Unlawful and Hidden Signs   What does City Councilor Nick Tykoski and I have in common?  We have (or had, in my case) both served as firefi…

Started by XLFD

16 Feb 27, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

Order in the Court: Local Judge Position to be Eliminated

As reported in the Muskegon News on Wednesday afternoon: Oceana and Newaygo counties will lose a circuit judgeship while Mason and Lake cou…

Started by XLFD

13 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service