All Discussions Tagged 'FOIA' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An Opaque Record on Transparency

The City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) had at least a pair of reporters go to Grand Rapids and attend the Michigan Press Association's…

Started by XLFD

2 Feb 1, 2017
Reply by XLFD

Ludington Receives a Kick in the Briefs

In the article, Ludington-leaders-poised-to-lose-third-foia-lawsuit, I shared the City of Ludington's brief for summary disposition in my…

Started by XLFD

3 May 22, 2016
Reply by XLFD

Ludington Leaders Poised to Lose Third FOIA Lawsuit

On May 17, 2016, I am poised to go to the 51st Circuit Court to find out the results of a Summary Disposition Hearing for my third lawsuit…

Started by XLFD

10 May 18, 2016
Reply by Jasper

Ludington's Other Secret Police

At the end of this week, the FOIA appeal I started in the 51st Circuit Court against the City of Ludington may be decided.  The defendant'…

Started by XLFD

28 Feb 22, 2016
Reply by XLFD

Open or Opaque? Opposing Opinions

Take One:  Cruzin' for Abusin' On Wednesday and Thursday of this week the opinion page of the local newspaper of record, the City of Ludin…

Started by XLFD

3 Jan 23, 2016
Reply by XLFD

The Privileged Secrets of Ludington's Negotiations with Michigan Power

At the August 24, 2015 meeting of the Ludington City Council, the council will likely decide to keep public records away from the people il…

Started by XLFD

6 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

Ludington City Council Meeting May 18, 2015: Fire on the Edge of Town

This will be less of a review of what happened at the Ludington City Council's May 18, 2015 than what happened before and after the meeting…

Started by XLFD

9 May 23, 2015
Reply by Jasper

Oakley, Village of 300 People, Goes From 100 Police Officers to None

At the Ludington Torch we have been focusing our fiery eye over at a situation over in Saginaw County involving a village of 300 people hav…

Started by XLFD

7 May 7, 2015
Reply by XLFD

FOIA Figures and Figureheads in Ludington

At the April 13 Ludington City Council meeting, the issue of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests came up after the City's Chairman o…

Started by XLFD

6 Apr 21, 2015
Reply by XLFD

Kent County, Sheriff: Bad Service All Around

Bad Customer Service Recently in March, I made two requests for public records from the Kent County Sheriff's Department (KCSD).  The firs…

Started by XLFD

3 Apr 10, 2015
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service