All Discussions Tagged 'FOIA' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

51st Circuit Workout: High Remand Exercises

Ever since we learned from the Michigan Court of Appeals that we were finally declared the "prevailers" (FOIA Appeal Prevailing) in our FOI…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Kimberly Orlich vs. City of Belding: FOIA Feuding

I offer this story up to those that believe my FOIA requests on local and state government units are excessive.  A Belding woman, Kimberly…

Started by XLFD

28 Jan 6, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Attorneys Rush to Settle Costs

In the recent decision by the Michigan Court of Appeals on the Swiger/Rotta v. City of Ludington (a FOIA appeal) case, they effectively adv…

Started by XLFD

5 Nov 12, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Mayor Candidate Taranko: FOIA Can be Abused, Infrastructure Not a Priority

Candidate Cox Touts Transparency, Stresses Needs for Infrastructure Improvements   I have been asked why I didn't attend the "Meet the Cand…

Started by XLFD

9 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Council 10-14-2013: A Clear Look at Opacity

The councilors and the people had both gotten a three week respite between meetings rather than the usual two, so everyone was more rested,…

Started by XLFD

1 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Willy

City of Ludington FOI-sted by their Own Petard, pt. 1

Daily News Editorial Board Calls Another One Wrong   To be "hoisted by one's petard" is an idiom originating from Shakespeare meaning to be…

Started by XLFD

0 Sep 28, 2013

Ludington's John Shay: Fee-dumb of Infantile Acts Coordinator

On the morning of August 15, 2013 I sent out a simple request to the Ludington Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Coordinator, John Shay (al…

Started by XLFD

10 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by XLFD

OMA-HA-HA: Officials, COLDNews Rationalize Bad Behavior

COUNCIL TALK Let us review what was said at the recent Ludington City Council meeting, what was given to the local press, and what the loc…

Started by XLFD

4 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by XLFD

The Secret Police of Sheriff Kim Cole

Back on December 10, 2012, the Ludington Torch sent a simple request to the Mason County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) asking to inspect or recei…

Started by XLFD

13 Jan 16, 2013
Reply by XLFD

The True Costs of XLFD's FOIA Requests as of 2013

I recently debunked another myth that the City of Ludington passes off as fact in its rationalizations of why my weekly FOIA requests are l…

Started by XLFD

2 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service