All Discussions Tagged 'city' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should Familiarity with City Laws be a Prerequisite for City Officials?

A troop of Girl Scouts out of Turlock, CA learn that their community has received a grade of 'F' from the American Lung Association as far…

Started by XLFD

1 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by Willy

City Wants to Tear Disabled Girl's Playhouse Down

A city government can often act in an unaccountable manner, which is why we have elections and why we have recall procedures in place, to a…

Started by XLFD

3 Oct 12, 2014
Reply by AQUAMAN

Ludington City Council Meeting 7-28-2014: Of Sidewalks and Sidesteps

The meeting's agenda looked rather quiet for this meeting, two potentially controversial topics being deferred to the next meeting on Augu…

Started by XLFD

4 Jul 30, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Citizens Impersonating Police, Police Impersonating Criminals in Bay City, Ludington

In late June, two stories originating from Bay City were very instructive as to the differentiation between common citizens and the police…

Started by XLFD

6 Jul 15, 2014
Reply by XLFD

Bay City Nazis: Inside or Outside of the House?

We have probably all seen a story or two about the confederate flag, and the controversies it sometimes causes when it is displayed in som…

Started by XLFD

21 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Jane

School Board Gets a Civics Lesson on the Open Meetings Act

I must admit, that my favorite costumed hero of the north is the Petoskey Batman (followed closely by the Petoskey Batgirl), but I recently…

Started by XLFD

2 Mar 10, 2013
Reply by XLFD

City of Ludington Closes Door On Alleged Open Meeting Act Violations

On the first of this month, I introduced the problem to the loyal viewers of the Ludington Torch in the thread of "O Brother..." while gett…

Started by XLFD

2 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Hindersome Amendment Approved by State, Denied by City

Word has been heard, and WMOM seems to confirm it tonight, and probably will tomorrow, that the State of Michigan has okayed the ballot pro…

Started by XLFD

16 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Walhalla Wins Again!

Reader's Digest has had three contests labelled "We hear you America!" wherein they have presented a voting process wherein you can vote fo…

Started by XLFD

29 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Dale

Trend in Canada: Bar Free Speech, Open Meetings, Dissent

Sorry neighbors to the north, not only do 5 of 7 of your National Hockey League teams currently have losing records, but the Canadian peopl…

Started by XLFD

5 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Marty Redman

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service