Here is the link. Read it before they take it down.

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20100329.htm

Wow. I know I can not post it in LT, but thought you'd be interested. Names are included in this brief. I can not comment any further, just shake my head and ask "can it be real?"

Views: 853

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The entire story is fishy read it carefully
1. The guy is a jail house lawyer who knows how to twist the system.

2 Everyone is corrupt who does not agree with him.

3 Its a max so there is video tape, do you think they did not review that tape?

4 I really do not know what you guys are stating involving prisoner rights. How about the officer? If that was me I would demand a investigation and then press charges against Mamough for the false charges.

5 What do I believe happened? Inmate Mamough missed breakfast, Lost his temper and went after the only target he had a C/O. After the fact the inmate figured he was screwed so he did what a con would do filed charges that the officer lied and everyone above him is corrupt because they did not believe his b.s. story.

6 Like I have stated before officer Fink I could bet on could come up with plenty of things to do to torture Mamough then to get him pulled out of his housing unit. If I was Fink I would keep him right where I can get at him every day, I would not want Mamough to go to seg because then it is all done with he is gone.

The state of Michigan is trying to get inmates out of the system as soon as they can be let go, inmate Mamough was sentence to a max release date of 2011 and it appears he will be there until 2011. The state releases many inmates out for parole and other programs but this guy is going no where for reason that are very clear.
Ummm the state has had a policy of not releasing prisoners early not even for good behavior.

They are trying to reinstate early release, but it has not passed yet.

When did Oakes Correctional facility become a max prison? I thought most of those were in the UP & Ionia. Didn't some of the prisoners from Camp Sauble get transferred there? I looked up minimum security prisons and could not find any except Camp Sauble that is now closed.

I do agree most of those in prison do not belong there. But laws are laws.
The state does not have good time but they do release inmates early for parole if they keep their nose clean. If you look at Mamough min and max release times... 8/8/2004 and 6/8/2011 it is pretty clear that he cannot keep his nose clean even in prison.

One of these days you will change your mind when one of these guys prey on you or your family.
Rhonda Peterson I am not sure of her dates there I can find out if you don't recall.
was she short ( like 5'4") dk brown hair? its so hard to rememeber everyone who was there during the short time I worked there - but I do remember a Rhonda, but last name doesnt sound familiar - did she get married?
no that's not her... it was just a thought.
I stated it earlier and feel the same way now, i.e., don't send foxes to guard the henhouse. An outside independent firm specializing in criminal investigations is what is warranted. Anything involving the MDOC will have a bias, to protect their own as usual. Citing exact dates and times, with witnesses, against a guard, is pretty incriminating, and deserves more careful analysis with independent findings. It would be interesting to also know what the guard Fink's rap sheet is. Does he have a pattern of abuse in the past? Has he been reprimanded/suspended several times and still kept on the job? Or is he squeaky clean thru and thru? These facts all make a difference in the end analysis and story yet to come.
What I want to know is why inmate Mumaugh is still in a max security jail when he is getting out in 2011? It is pretty clear the inmate does not have a very clear record in the jail system.
Are there any prisons designated as only minimum security left in MI? Again, those who speak up for rights in any situation are often punished, so we can not automatically say the prisoner is 100% at fault and the guard is PERFECT.

I don't know of any human who never has a bad day and it really is possible Fink was having a bad day or week.
Go up on the dept of corrections web site they will tell you all the low level prisons in the state.

Well masonco the way you wrote the officer was at fault and we should all write the warden to set matters straight. The way I read your post the officer was already guilty and the rest of the system was covering for him.

As I posted before the inmate is in a prison level IV for a reason. Its not because he is a good guy and everyone is out to get him because that sure is not true. I would like to see some of you work at one of those prisons for a year and see what you think after wards about those poor inmates and dirty officers.
Please re-read my original VERY SHORT post again.

I specifically asked IS IT POSSIBLE?

If you feel that ALL correctional officers are perfect, so be it. OK? Don't force your opinion on me because I know that NO HUMAN BEING IS PERFECT k?

I did look up on the department of corrections site and did not find any minimum security prisons left that are open. The only prisons I could find that are open are maximum prisons, half way house type or boot camp type. I specifically asked you to identify them

Please consider the strange idea that MAYBE not all correctional officers are perfect. Or are correctional officers the only ones in this ENTIRE WORLD that NEVER GET ANGRY and NEVER MAKE MISTAKES.

Also please consider your thinking about ALL inmates. All it would take is some young girl or boy to choose you as their attacker or make a false accusation you can not fight and you would be there as one of those nasty criminals.

BTW...I worked at a harder position that correctional officer. I worked with the criminally insane who often were REALLY OUT OF CONTROL at at downstate facitily
Oaks is not a MAX facility - its a level IV - only level V and higher are considered MAX. At one point it was a level V and all inmates there were single bunked (one to a room) now they are double bunked therefore not a MAX facility. I worked at Oaks and other facilites and there are no perfect officers period - nor are there perfect inmates. Something happened between those two and now they are blowing it way up to get each other in trouble. I have no doubt that C/O Fink may be said something about the inmates family - but I also think that the inmate may have exaggerated what was said. And the camera's there wont show everything - believe me I know - so dont rely on that to get anything proven - it may show Fink at the inmates cell door - but what can you prove from that? Only that he was doing his required rounds because u have to go to each inmates door on every round that you do. Inmates are dirty but so are the C/O's that watch them. BTW - they are called Correctional Officers - Officer - or C/O NOT GUARDS

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service