Last year we had the first Superbowl Stat Superbowl, but this year is a little different.  Last year we had two local favorites from nearby purple states playing, the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and I was motivated to create a contest dealing with stats for the Superbowl and published a bit early a contest for football afficionados who could plug in some numbers that they thought would correspond to the final stats for the Superbowl. 

This year, the Lions made the playoffs with a respectable 10-6 record and the Packers were 15-1 and looked almost undefeatable.  Both didn't make it very far.  Nearby AFC teams also lost out, and so we were left with a northeast battle between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.  But this is far from 'New', and leaves me with little to root for.  Sure, Tom Brady, NEP QB is a former Michigan star, and there's a handful of other local expatriates to the northeast coast, but this is a rematch of 2008's Superbowl XLII which was a good game if you weren't pulling for a perfect season for the Patriots, but these are different teams and is a bit of a letdown from that matchup, and for anyone west of Pennsylvania.

For that reason the second Superbowl Stat Superbowl has been suspended, but I would like to see predictions, perhaps an MVP candidate, and some predictions, maybe even some endorsements for primo commercials, if you're not too much into the game.  The winner of the score prediction will get a thumbs up award and a special football .gif delivered to them.

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I'm not the only one confused by the crazy message in that ad.  Lest we forget, Clint was a California politician at one time along with Ah-nold.  How's the aftermath of that workin for them?  Those guys were only conservative in their most popular movie roles not in their politics.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service