Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SS Badger Loses Legislative Battle

Mlive reports:  The Senate removed the Huizenga-Petri special language approved by the GOP-controlled House in the face of opposition from…

Started by XLFD

28 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

Anatomy of an Administrative Appeal, 12-17-2012

At the Ludington City Council meeting of December 17, 2012, they adjudicated what they called the 168th FOIA request of Tom Rotta.  A new t…

Started by XLFD

12 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by XLFD

The $34,000 Stearn's Park Men's Room Fix-Up Update

The Mystery of the Expensive Men's Room Repairs At the Nov. 26, 2012 Ludington City Council a concerned citizen came forth with an incredu…

Started by XLFD

19 Dec 17, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Winding Down: Mixed Messages from the Outgoing Mason County Commission

The last meeting of the Mason County Commission in 2012, corresponding with the reduction of commissioners by three, from ten to seven, was…

Started by XLFD

2 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by XLFD

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS CONTINUES, AND LED AS USUAL, BY THE LIBS!

I am both saddened and shocked to find myself repeating  prior posts, probably long lost in the archives here, of not fully enjoying this p…

Started by AQUAMAN

105 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Ludington City Manager John Shay: City to Seek Competitive Bids for a Foregone Conclusion

The meeting of the Ludington City Council on the third of December had the City Council vote unanimously on the 2013 Budget and the 2013 C…

Started by XLFD

5 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Scotville Boy Makes It Big In The Music and Wine Business

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/68349-making-wine-and-music   http://www.verdenews.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=51446&Sec

Started by Brian Carlson

6 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Coldwatergate: Painting by the Numbers

At the 12-3-2012 meeting, I arose during the public comment section to comment on three things, basically.  The first was whether the City…

Started by XLFD

3 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Reform, We Don't Need No Stinking Reform (Ludington City Hall, 12-3-2012)

At the 12-3-2012 meeting, I arose during the public comment section to comment on three things, basically.  The first was whether the City…

Started by XLFD

4 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by XLFD

HOF AT IT AGAIN WITH ZONING VARIANCES AND EXPANSIONS IN DOWNTOWN RESIDENTIAL AREAS.

Yes, the HOF is at it again. It's a very successful and old ice cream biz located right downtown. This time they are going to ask the City…

Started by AQUAMAN

17 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service