Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Openly Disobeying the Open Meetings Act, pt. 3: No Posted Notices

I like to think of myself as somewhat knowledgable about what is going on around Ludington, particularly in the City Hall and the plethora…

Started by XLFD

0 Oct 20, 2012

Term Limits at the Local Level, Some Examples

Some interesting notes on other areas that have term limits, and those who try to extend those term limits, plus some comments:   San Ant…

Started by XLFD

8 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Committee for a Stronger Ludington: Style No Substance

As you can see, the Committee for a Stronger Ludington has taken to the airwaves on 10-11-12 to get their proposal passed by making a Faceb…

Started by XLFD

19 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

New FOIA Bill in Michigan Addresses Better Compliance, Fees

September 11, 2012 might just emerge as a day that will live in infamy at the Ludington City Hall.  Just after the day 51st Circuit Court W…

Started by XLFD

5 Oct 14, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Cat and Mouse

Last summer, it took a while, but the Ludington City Council finally passed an ordinance to address a 'cat problem' we had in Ludington.  I…

Started by XLFD

11 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by XLFD

City Council Meeting 10-8-2012: The Calm After the Storm

At the previous City Council Meeting, a concerned citizen stood up three times for about five minutes and spoke to the City Council.  At th…

Started by XLFD

6 Oct 10, 2012
Reply by Willy

Ill Winds A' Blowin'

The "Lake Winds" farm controversy seems to have recently reached a lull, but opponents of the proposed 56 nearly 500 ft. tall turbines have…

Started by XLFD

17 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Willy

Aaughtoberfest

Oktoberfest in Downtown Ludington, it's a lot like Friday Night Live except it's smaller, takes place all day on an October Saturday, and h…

Started by XLFD

2 Oct 7, 2012
Reply by XLFD

The Mystery of the Pigweed Predicament

I had originally prepped my camera for a brief photo essay on the City of Ludington being a bit neglectful of minding their lawn on the pro…

Started by XLFD

69 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Willy

Big Block, Big Ideas, Big Cost to Taxpayers?

A front page article in last Thursday's City of Ludington Daily News (COLDNews) caught my attention. What caught my attention was not May…

Started by XLFD

21 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by AQUAMAN

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service