Waving the Torch Around Our Area (1,906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sheriff's Rebels Without a Probable Cause

There is a lawsuit filed August 3, 2012 against the Citrus County Sheriff’s Department in Florida in which Leila Tarantino claims that she…

Started by XLFD

5 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Cooperating Coopers (Judge and PA): Co-operatives Courting Lake County Corruption

On my drive back from Torch Lake, I noticed some campaign signs containing the last name Cooper; seems they were running for Prosecuting At…

Started by XLFD

2 Aug 10, 2012
Reply by XLFD

County Commissions of Sins: Hospital Expansion

Memorial Medical Center to have $14.5 Million for Expansions and Constructions   The obvious question to ask when you see a headline like t…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 10, 2012
Reply by XLFD

How to Vote Against the Oakview Millage... And Not Feel Guilty... Ten Valid Reasons

On Tuesday, August 7, the electors of Mason County have a choice:  to reauthorize a 0.9715 millage rate for Oakview, as they must do every…

Started by XLFD

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Another Side of Cole 'sLaw

In the first segment of this look at an incident four years back which shown a side of Sheriff candidate Kim Cole that has rarely been seen…

Started by XLFD

67 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Sweater Cows!

Tears for Fiers

The following thread is my own personal opinion, you may differ, that's okay, you have that right, and I like to hear you bring it out.  Th…

Started by XLFD

0 Aug 6, 2012

Sheriff's Tire Purchases Over the Last Three Years

I sent a FOIA to the sheriff's office to get their tire purchases over the last 3.5 years (during Sheriff Fiers tenure, because it seems…

Started by XLFD

12 Aug 5, 2012
Reply by XLFD

What a Difference a Year Makes for Election Signs...

...Yet No Change for Hypocrisy by Ludington City Officials   Last year I was a candidate for public office, running half-heartedly for the…

Started by XLFD

8 Aug 5, 2012
Reply by Johanna

Demand Justice for Russian Woman Struck Down, Ignored by Mason County Officials

Just after midnight on July 8, 2012, Alisa Aleksandrovana Sidorenko, 21, of Yekaterinberg, Russia was riding westbound on the side of US 10…

Started by XLFD

36 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by XLFD

Torch E-Forum 2012: County Treasurer, Surveyor and District 1 Commissioner

This is the second in a series of three articles on the candidates who will have their contests decided on the August 7 primary, this amoun…

Started by XLFD

1 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by XLFD

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service