In today's local media, there were two local updates on the Baby Kate case.  It looks as if WMOM had the first posting of the story, followed by WOOD and then the LDN (on the web).  I am glad our Daily News gets updates from other sources.  Here is what WOOD says:

With no reason revealed, the Mason County Circuit Court confirmed the trial for Sean Phillips, accused in the disappearance of his baby girl, Katherine Phillips, has been delayed.

The trial for Phillips was scheduled to begin January 17. Phillips is charged with unlawful imprisonment and parental kidnapping. There is no new date set for the trial.

Baby Kate, as she came to be called, was 4 1/2 months old when she last was seen June 29, 2011 with Phillips. Baby Kate lived with her mother Ariel Courtland at the time.

Phillips remains in jail on a $250,000 bond. He rejected a plea deal in October. He could face up to 15 years behind bars if convicted.

WMOM alone also reports that:

It wasn't a joyous holiday vacation for everyone.  Over the Christmas break, Ariel Courtland, the mother of missing Baby Kate, was granted a personal protective order.  Her complaint states that April Reynolds of Grand Rapids has threatened violence and harassed her.  It says that since July of last year, Ms. Reynolds has posted inflammatory information on a Facebook page.

That page was taken down over the New Year's weekend.

It included posts with interpretation of alleged facts that have yet been proven in the disappearance case of Baby Kate.  Courtland claims that Reynolds called her over 30 times on Christmas Eve.

Reynolds was involved in the candlelight vigil in September and "protests" at the county jail on Halloween.  Sources tell MOM news that the police have intervened but have not yet commented on the PPO issued to Ariel Courtland.

April has posted on here that this article is not totally true.  I would not be surprised if it wasn't, I have heard PPOs can be gotten without much burden of proof of anything.  But I invite any or all parties in that disputation of facts to present their claim or their defense, and offer any corroborating evidence.  I would also like to find out the reason for all the delays and the lack of information released about mundane aspects of this case to the public at large.  I can see why many people are just getting frustrated over it all.

Views: 1147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was offered by WOOD and Leon Hendrix was taking photos that day in his Tweetings.  Maybe they are eyeballing him because he has a better spot to take pictures-- or maybe because he is likely the only black man in the room. 

I hope to go in person this next week, if there wasn't enough drama already.

I have been checking  out the updates on https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-LOVE-MOMS-Morning-Madhouse-on-102...

I have to say from what I've read Ariel does not come off very well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service