Oaks Correctional Facility has a new resident - a notorious celebrity from Detroit.

Kwame Kilpatrick has moved from the Manoogian Mansion in Detroit to a posh gated community in Dallas to a prison cell in Manistee. I wonder what's in store for him there.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100609/NEWS01/6090338/1318/Kilpatric...

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What Masonco says, from my own personal experience with my mom in the last 2-1/2 years, holds alot of truths. And I don't know if I can name names of institutions, but the best known and highest cost nursing home in Ludington is a dismal example of just that, and it costs $7K/mo.. It's employees are rude even to the visitors, and the care is rank at best. Numerous complaints to agencies in TC and GR did absolutely nothing to resovle issues, nor even really address them properly and intelligently. The whole damn system is an atrocity and joke on the public and esp. the poor elderly that have to go there. Yes, when it comes right down to the nitty gritty, the prison system is a far cry more advanced and courteous to the lawbreakers when all is said and done. From what I gathered in my exp. with it, far too many people just totally abandon their family members without frequent visitations to nursing homes, as opposed to the frequent visits prisoners get and report abuses that get attention for correction. It's a very sad situation, and that is another priority any future governor needs to focus on for improvements postponed far too long already. Btw, I see it didn't take long for some demons lurking in the shadows to immediately attack you again Masonco, even after a long absence. Too bad some have nothing better to do, don't let it get you, your posts are always a welcome and cogent insight into our threads. Jealousy is a green demon for sure.
Since you invited a response, I'll bite, Disarm. Your attack on Masonco was more implied than stated outright. You said ... "apparently you were one of the 'staff' yourself." In other words, since she was one of the staff, she must also have inflicted the same degrading treatment on her patients as she was describing. I think I read the same thing in your reply as others might have.

I have noticed that you attack Masonco mercilessly, no matter what she has to say, both here and on Ludington Talks. It looks as though you have a personal vendetta against her. I find it ironic, then, that you consistently uphold human rights and disdain bringing harm to others. To me, your posts are enigmatic.

I feel terrible when it appears that people enjoy attacking each other on these forums, and I deliberately stay away from getting in the middle of dueling members. I guess that means that I'm thin-skinned, too. I believe in "do onto others" and I don't want to be a victim here. I enjoy the forums for what they are, entertainment, but I'm not of the gladiator mindset.

I've rambled, but if I see you posts as attacks, others must as well. I do respect your views most of the time. You can de-friend me if you like, but I hope you won't.
Who said I was referring to you Disarm? I wasn't really here, but over yonder, Feel Guilty? It just could be that old Inferiority Complex you have sometimes, and feel like a Behr is disguise again, or is it? Hardy har har to ya pal, now go eat a cookie, and leave the sweeties over here alone for a while. Besides, it's way past your bedtime now. Later gator.
Thanks Mary, you hit the nail on the head, as per your usual polite and cogent responses. Constructive articulate debate is one thing some don't know how to express, just needless and senseless attacks for the jollies of it. When I see it repeated over and over for months on the same innocents, it becomes quite nerve racking for me, and I suspect the rest too. Quite childish and demeaning behaviorisms that really have no place here nor in any forum with any decorum.
Disarm is decidedly direct and occasionally... disarming. While I do think that he may sometimes key less on the debate at hand and more on the person behind the words, he does have the ability to acquiesce on his sometimes-contrary ideas. To be honest, most of us have that same problem at times.

Let's give some slack on both sides-- I think there has been too many assumptions made for all parties. One sentence, or word, taken wrongly by the reader of another's post can lead to ill feelings toward them forever in the forums. Let's try a little more empathy, and lose the antipathy.
Thanks. I usually only participate with topics I've had personal experience or knowledge about and try to share what I've learned from experience, college, or what those I love and care for went through. I don't post to debate. I've said this privately, but perhaps it needs to be said publicly

Personally, It amazes me that anyone insists on arguing and attacking anyone when when they share real life experiences. I share so others understand how some in the world are affected by some of these issues. I don't understand why some feel it is so important to degrade those of us who are willing to be honest and share the truth.
Back to topic

They said on the Detroit news web site tonight that Kwame has been approved for boot camp which is less than 3 months total. If that is the case, boot camp is near Detroit. It depends on if the judge will approve that.
Hopefully the judge is smart and denies the request. Kwame broke the law and screwed over a lot of people, he deserves no mercy. If he went to boot camp he'd be out and on parole in a few months.. unacceptable.
The Michigan Department of Corrections recommended Kwame for boot camp. I understand he is not a violent offender, but I hope Judge Groner has the balls to stick to the earlier sentence and not waver. Kwame needs to be held to the highest standard possible as an example to all the other thugs out there who believe they are entitled to a lavish lifestyle at the people's expense. I want to see his mother replaced in Congress, too. It really sickens me that families such as the Kilpatricks can live so unethically and get away with it, when you and I play by the rules and accept the hard knocks as part of life.

By the way, the feds are working on something concerning the Kwame administration. Should be interesting.
It will be interesting to see how this really plays out.
Here's a fitting tribute to Kwame

Ha ha. Edie's back for sure.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service