Oaks Correctional Facility has a new resident - a notorious celebrity from Detroit.

Kwame Kilpatrick has moved from the Manoogian Mansion in Detroit to a posh gated community in Dallas to a prison cell in Manistee. I wonder what's in store for him there.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100609/NEWS01/6090338/1318/Kilpatric...

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UPDATE: Looks like Kwame may be vacating his cell in Manistee in short order. The former esteemed "hip-hop mayor" was indicted today by the feds on 19 counts of mail fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion and tax fraud. There's more to come with bribery charges.
What? Last I heard he was eligible for boot camp and early release. But I've not been home all day either and we have to leave our cell phones in the car where I'm working this week.
His request for boot camp was obviously premature.
It was waiting for the judges OK last I heard. This is good news!
Yes, Detroit is attempting to go through a healing process, but there are still lots of Kwame sympathizers.
I guess I have no sympathy for him based on his attitude. To me he acts like he thinks he's exempt from law.
That's been my impression of Kwame too... that he was above the law because he was the mayor. If anything, those in power should be held to a higher standard as far as laws go.
Perhaps he thought it was 'booty' camp
I heard tonite the booty camp resides in the Lud. girls gone wild event at Michael's Bar? Yew or yeah? Anyone else know?
It was in the paper yesterday to be held last night.
I wouldn't be surprised!
Poor Kwame, it seems he can't even get a little boob action from his wife when she visits. Apparently, on a recent visit, a guard witnessed Kwame grabbing a handful of his wife's breast which is strictly forbidden. The only contact allowed is a kiss/embrace and the beginning and end of a visit and hand holding... anything else is off limits. This could cost Kwame to in that he could have a longer stay in prison for violating the rules. Oh well, couldn't happen to a nicer guy :-)

Here's the story from the Free Press:

Kwame Kilpatrick has been cited for sexual misconduct during a July 4 meeting with his wife in an inmate visitor’s area inside the Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee, the Free Press has learned.

“It involves inappropriate touching,” Michigan Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan said today.

A guard reported observing Kilpatrick touch the breast of a female visitor about 11 a.m. on July 4, according to an incident report. The warden has identified that visitor as Carlita Kilpatrick, the former Detroit mayor’s wife, Marlan said. The guard reported observing the incident through a video camera trained on the visiting area. There are also guards stationed inside the visitation area.

“Obviously, the officer saw something that he or she thought was a violation of the visitation rules,” Marlan said. Prisoners are permitted one kiss and one embrace at the beginning and end of a visit, and when posing for a photograph, he said. They may also hold hands, but no further contact is permitted.

Marlan said if found guilty, Kilpatrick could be barred from seeing his wife again. Also, a guilty finding could affect Kilpatrick’s eligibility for parole next year.

“Sexual misconduct is a serious misconduct,” Marlan said that the parole board would be notified of the incident if Kilpatrick is found guilty.

“Certainly it’s one of the factors they will consider when they look at the case a year from now,” Marlan said. “They look at how compliant they’ve been.”

Arnold Reed, one of Kilpatrick’s lawyers, said he wasn’t aware of the charge, but does know the state prison system has rules.

“They are very strict,” Reed said. “I don’t think -- knowing what I know of Mrs. Kilpatrick -- they were engaging in anything that the average person would consider inappropriate. However, the Department of Corrections is a different animal. …

“Bottom line is you’ve got to dance by their tune, good, bad or indifferent. Like it or not.”

Mike Paul, a New York-based spokesman for the Kilpatrick family, called the charge “the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Another example of people wanting to pile on in any way shape or form on this man. This is his wife. Not his girlfriend, not a guard, not somebody he met there at the prison.”

Paul said if the incident did indeed happen, Kilpatrick should have been warned, not written up. “Someone’s looking to make a name for himself,” Paul said.

In May, Kilpatrick was sentenced to 18 months to five years in state prison for violating probation in the text message scandal. If he keeps a clean record in prison he could be eligible for release after 14 months.

Kilpatrick has been interviewed about the July 4 incident, Marlan said. The next step would be for him to go before an administrative law examiner, who would determine whether there was a violation. Marlan said there is a videotape of the incident but that he had not yet seen it.

The misconduct won’t be resolved until Kilpatrick returns from federal custody. He was sent from state to federal custody last week to deal with a 19-count indictment against him in U.S. District Court in Detroit. The fraud and tax evasion charges are unrelated to the text message scandal and involve his use of a nonprofit fund.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?Avis=C4&Dato=201007...

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service