The Ideals of The Ludington Torch is to have a free flow of information, images, and ideas, with as little restriction as possible. To this end, I wish to create a minimum of rules and as such will only adhere to the general terms of service for Ning sites, which is accessible at the bottom of the page.
Yet I don't want to interrupt your enjoyment of the Torch by having to wade through this bit of legalese, and so I will condense it here into its fundamentals, with the page number in the Terms of Service noted:
* (p 1) Members are presumed to be at least 13 years of age and competent/able.
* (p10-12) You shall not post or make available any content on the Torch that:
1) Violates or takes any other party's copyrights, intellectual property or other such rights.
2) Disrupts, interferes with,or destroys software or hardware associated with this site.
3) Advertises illegal products or services or uses "spam", "pyramiding", etc.
4) Is intentionally misleading, deceptive or fraudulent.
5) Is libelous, harassing, abusive, malicious or Invasive of another's privacy.
6) Is hateful or discriminatory (all types)
7) To represent yourself as another real person or entity.
8) Includes personal or identifying material about another person w/o consent.
9) Includes ads or solicitations, esp. to users who have requested no contact with same.
*Additionally, you agree not to:
a) Cyberbully or harass anyone.
b) Collect, use or disclose data of other Users w/o consent.
c) Use profanity
d) Post images of adult content, child pornography, extreme violence, rape and the like.
e) Post irrelevant content w/intent to put a large load on the network.
Please advise Site Administrators when you feel the preceding guidelines have been violated. They will be investigated ASAP, and individually assessed. Administrators shall try to convey the rationale for why posts, threads, images, music, or members had to be deleted on a special thread.
In summary, let's remember the Golden Rule and the Mission Statement for the Torch. We as a unit can wield great power, but with such power comes great responsibility.