Former Mayor and His Daughter Open Downtown Ludington Pedicab Busine$$

A new pedicab business is being started by former Ludington Mayor John Henderson and his daughter Brandy Henderson, continuing with their family collaborations, but this time in the private sector.  In the article from the Mason County Press, it is unclear whether the Mayor or his daughter will be participating as pedicabbies, but at the ultra cheap rate of $2 plus $1 a block, how can you pass this up?

Easy; just keep walking for free.  The picture below shows them riding this pedicab in a place where the sidewalk markings and signs say regular bicycling is prohibited. 

LUDINGTON — There is a new cab company in Ludington, but this one doesn’t use any gas. Recently, the Sunset Spokes Pedicab Company opened up, providing service in and around downtown Ludington. The company was started by Brandy Henderson and her father, John Henderson (below), along with business partner Derek Kowatch.

The pedicab is similar to a rickshaw, operated by a bicycle pulling a cart. The carts can hold up to three people.

“What we wanted to do was provide service close to the parks,” Brandy said. “It’s a fun and creative way to get people from one place to another. We know sometimes parking isn’t always great at places like the beach. This is a great alternative.”

The cab service will operate everyday beginning the middle of June until Labor Day weekend. After that, Brandy said they will probably go down to weekends until the weather cools off.

Service will be available from 4 to 11 p.m. during the week and later on weekends.

“This is a unique experience for people to get to their destination but also to see the attractions Ludington has to offer.”

Brandy (left)  is the executive director of the Ludington Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. John is former mayor of Ludington and works in human resources at OxyChem while Derek owns Shadetree Mechanic.

Rates are fairly inexpensive. There is a $2 base fee and then $1 a block. Cabs can be called at 231-233-8848. “Give us a few minutes though,” Brandy said. “Sometimes the drivers will have to come from the other side of town.”

At this time they have two pedicabs and will have four to six different drivers.

Brandy said the pedicabs will also be available for hire for special events and for special tours.

“So far it’s been really popular,” Brandy said. “We’ve only been operating on Friday and Saturday nights but we’ve been transporting people around town, mainly downtown. We are excited about this and think it will be a fun way to get around.”

http://www.masoncountypress.com/2014/06/06/pedicab-company-offers-u...

Views: 1458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Alison, and a warm welcome to The TORCH! I ask for your help, to become a more enlightened poster, so that all your wants and needs are met... yeah, right! A respectful exchange of ideas and observations is appreciated, not coarse inuendos and attacks. Most anyone on this site can and will debate in a responsible and courteous manner. Why not just find out first? Before you yourself make false and insulting posts? You might just like the replies and give us all the inside track to all your knowledge of city politics. I know I'm willing to listen, are you ready to divulge your facts?  Oh yeah, don't chat me anymore, or bs this forum please. 

I just noticed something that Brandy needs to know, and is safety green related. That driver's seat doesn't look adequate for Brandy to drive. I hope someone makes a modification so that she's safe and doesn't fall off,...lol.

MSP Lt. Kevin Leavitt of the Hart post, you will note that Alison Sroka just said:  "I can't wait to blow all your forums up." 

Sounds like an act of terrorism to me, LOL.

Alison, control your irrational anger issues or go back to the Huffington Post to vent over pedicab and pedicure problems in the community.  In this community, vapidity is tolerated, but not especially appreciated.

That was quite a rant and rave by the kid here for almost 3 straight hours. Must be someone's mommy rang the lunch bell for her to eat now....lol. Too bad she can't direct all that pent-up energy into something positive, like a job! 

Alison left by her own volition.  Her departure and her sparkling repartee have me more interested than ever in who paid for these pedicabs, and whether the DLB or the CVB will help with 'partnering' in the business.  Here's to you Alison:

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service