Here is the link. Read it before they take it down.

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20100329.htm

Wow. I know I can not post it in LT, but thought you'd be interested. Names are included in this brief. I can not comment any further, just shake my head and ask "can it be real?"

Views: 853

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Absolute power, corrupts absolutely, an old saying/proverb, true today as it was when first stated. Corruption/atrocities of this sort in our prison system have been going on far into the past, and continue into the present. The system needs overhauling on an ongoing basis. Watchdogs hired to do so are not independent of the MDOC system to start with, therefore, having a direct conflict of interest thruout the entire process. Redford's Brubaker movie was a good example of the industry bringing this to the publics attention in the 70's. It's worth a watch again for those whom forgot it, or for those never seeing it.
I remember vaguely that Brubaker movie, but don't think I've seen it in its entirety. Shortly after the '70s there were some "women in prison" flicks I seen where the guards and wardens were pretty corrupt, but those were just made to be titillating and exploitative, LOL.
I personally worked at Oaks back in 1998-1999 and wouldnt put this past some of the officers there and any other prison truthfully. I didnt stay there for too long because they had a problem with female officers - as trainees we were to get equal time on every post - well the guys were getting all the training on the inside & we were stuck on visitation duty. I pointed out to my training sgt the MDOC policy that stated all trainees will be trained equally on each post. The guys didnt like that too much. Pretty soon I was getting threats about finding ways to fire me or get me in trouble. Needless to say since I was still a "green tag" (union couldnt help me though I paid dues) I moved on & went to work at the private prison in Baldwin........ Oaks was a hell hole to work at
Hard to argue with someone with personal inside knowledge of an institution. Sounds like some investigations are warranted. From an independent private sector company, not another MDOC agency with conflicts of interest. Good post.
Hey Angela??? Did Rhonda work there when you were there at Oaks?? Asking because she maybe another source of verifying these blatant abuses in the system.
Whats her last name? I was there from 98-99, I think Fink worked there when I did also
It is pretty obvious that you are involved with a inmate some where due to the slant in your thinking. There is plenty of ways a correctional officer can get back at a inmate then what he is claiming, but then we all know that those guards are all evil and go out of their way to make those poor prisoners life hell.

Its too bad we cannot get the victim of inmate Mumaugh on here to voice their opinion on this poor inmate who is pretty clear to have done nothing wrong. In fact I bet he was framed too I know just ask him.
Hi Stan, welcome to the Torch. I will presume you are addressing me, but I had no involvement or knowledge of this inmate or this story until Masonco brought it up. I don't think anyone else here knows him personally either.

I do not know what problem you would have with a fair and objective investigation into the troubling aspects of this story. Why you seem to believe it it impossible for his story to have a basis in truth, or why one should always assume a correction officer can never act unprofessionally.

This may be a hoax-- it may not-- and I haven't seen anyone here say we should take MuMaugh's word as the final truth, but you seem to be the first person wanting to deny him any rights as a person. Am I reading you wrong?
No I was not addressing you I was addressing Masonco on this issue, but to rebunk your entire post you are taken Mumaugh word as final truth YOU! Your post above pretty much sums up the C.O. is wrong and the inmate is right.

Ask your self a question why is inmate Mumaugh is a maximum security jail for DUI and hurting someone? He is set to get out next year? It shows that he has been in constant trouble in the jail system. He should be in a min level jail right now getting ready to get out.

What did the C.O. do wrong? Ran into Mumaugh when he was having one of his bad days which appears to be a lot of them, did not give him his tray of food because he did not get up? Mumaugh put his hands on the C.O.? Yea I believe it he is in a max for a reason not for being a boy scout. One last thing to think about... the hearing officer also is corrupt Buren back him up 100% so she is corrupt too.
Did you read the article or what the submission is? I talked to an unnamed guard from there, it there are problems with some of the guards attitudes there.
Ok so there is problems with some C.O 's attitudes there are you surprised? They have to put up with some of the biggest scum bags the state has to offer. Who was the unnamed officer you talked to? I read the article and most of it is pure b.s. Read my post above, if the C.O. had such a bad attitude you would think the rest of the inmates in the living quarters with Mumaugh would come forward to get rid of him. They don't the only supposed witness is his cell mate that is it. Any one that does not believe his side of the story is corrupt ie the hearing office, the warden ect.

This guy is no boy scout, he is in a max security jail for a reason and it is not for his good works but then I know it really does not matter what I say, the only way you will ever find out is when they are carrying officers out of the jail after they got the hell beat of of them by these supposely peaceful inmates. Maybe you can have one of your kin get a job there and open your eyes up to what really is going on. It is not a movie script where the C.O.'s are always the bad guys and the inmates are the hero.
Same as the military Stan... The guards are also there because they elected to work there.. They have rules and it maybe apparent the guards may have crossed them. The fact all of us are calling for an independent investigation should affirm the fact we are not taking the inmate or the guards to their words here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service