And now comes the race for Mayor, 2013. Since the thought of a King relishing the kingdom thru his chosen/appointed disciples the last 12 years without much if any competition, it's indeed refreshing to witness the current events of the year unfolding. We now have six (6) candidates that appear to want the torch, (excuse the pun), passed on to them for the next four years. Today, the LDN posted that two more candidates are throwing their hats in the ring by picking up a petition at City Hall for this critical job. Namely Wally Taranko and Ryan Cox. To date we also have entries by Pete Engblade, Kaye Holman, Dave Kosta, and Tom Rotta. I cannot truly remember when the Mayoral race had this many contestants in my lifetime in Ludington. The job doesn't really pay much, and has long past been a position of esteem, yet humble public servant. This person must have the best intentions and financial actions for the local citizens, along with long-term visions for Ludington's future. The ultimate Mayor will want to reel in wastes in spending, fix critical infrastructure ignored for decades, help create strong and vital incentives for keeping Ludington citizens employed year around with high paying jobs, making special tax incentives for new employers/employees, and make sure that nepotism and other parasites are put to an end. Ludington has to play on a level and legal by the book playing field, whether it's appointees in office, hiring practices, meetings that are closed to the public, unfair contracts to bidders that have no competition, seeking grants for projects that only benefit a few for a seasonal time, and of course last but not least, sitting on a nest egg of monies that approaches $8Million in savings and overtaxed funds being hidden in numerous bank accounts. This unholy treasury/nest egg was made from taxing the locals over-zealously over a long period of time, and needs to be spent on a rainy day. To me, the rainy days have been here for quite a long spell already. We need strong and effective leadership, the kind that doesn't come in the form of the past status-quo, copying others ideas, but the kind from the heart and mind that can project new progress and changes into the far future. And most importantly, a totally moral and ethical individual that can be themselves, be for the people, by the people, and of course, of the local people. I emphasize, "LOCAL", not implant from Oakland County, nor elsewhere. Someone that reflects with the locals best interests, and not the tourists only. So, who's your favorite person that can match all these important qualities, and lead with pride in the future?

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about some first impressions of the four mayor candidates?  Who are you most likely to vote for and why?  If you are not a Ludington citizen, which appeals most to you at this point: Taranko, Engblade, Cox or Kosla?

I say Kosla because he might not be as ingrained in the good ole boye clubber and might be able to make sanne decisions. Sad thing tho is they will still have to deal with "the gang of

Kosla does have a background you can follow on his Facebook page where he does come out against many of the excesses of the national scene.  If he can translate that to the local scene, he could establish himself as an outsider candidate (like none of the three others could) promoting change and maybe get one of two tickets to the November election by garnering 25-35% of the primary votes.  Give him some extra credit for attending City Council meetings as of late.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service