Blacks have a far better chance of having a slave owner in their family tree than the vast majority of whites but liberals continue to play the race card and guilt trips on whites to bring them in line. Liberals have masterfully  played on white guilt. Not many people know that the first slave owner in America was a black man named Anthony Johnson http://topconservativenews.com/2012/03/americas-first-slave-owner-w...   http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ef2_1336262149 and that almost 100% of black slaves transported to America were captured for the slave trade by blacks. Until America can accept the truth about slavery we will forever be at the mercy of race baiters like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Barrack Obama who continue to play on American guilt and who will continue to use that for political gain.

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Endorsing is declaring one's public approval of, and you have said that slavery was more good than bad, that owners 'deserve' slaves because they paid good money for them, and in this most recent post you said:  "Many slaves were very well treated, and very well taken care of.  They were provided housing, medical, meals.  It could be claimed that slaves exist today right here in the US.  There are likely a lot of labor workers today who actually work in worse conditions than some slaves did.  A meager wage today is often not enough to even provide housing, medical, and meals."

Painting slavery as something other than the evil that it was (and still is in parts of the world), is naïve and wrong, so I will let Marty Bashir take over for me (just replace "Sarah Palin" with "EyE on Ludington"):

MARTIN BASHIR: We end this week in the way it began -- with America’s resident dunce, Sarah Palin, scraping the barrel of her long deceased mind, and using her all time favorite analogy in an attempt to sound intelligent about the national debt.

SARAH PALIN: Our free stuff today is being paid for by taking money from our children, and borrowing from China. When that note comes due and this isn't racist, so try it. Try it anyway. This isn't racist. But it's going to be like slavery when that note is due.

BASHIR: It'll be like slavery. Given her well-established reputation as a world class idiot, it's hardly surprising that she should choose to mention slavery in a way that is abominable to anyone who knows anything about its barbaric history. So here's an example: One of the most comprehensive first-person accounts of slavery comes from the personal diary of a man called Thomas Thistlewood, who kept copious notes for 39 years. Thistlewood was the son of a tenant farmer who arrived on the island of Jamaica in April 1750 and assumed the position of overseer at a major plantation.

What is most shocking about Thistlewood's diary is not simply the fact that he assumes the right to own and possess other human beings, but the sheer cruelty and brutality of his regime. In 1756, he records that a slave named Darby catched [sic] eating canes; had him well flogged and pickled, then made Hector, another slave, S-H-I-T in his mouth. This became known as Darby's dose, a punishment invented by Thistlewood that spoke only of the slave owners savagery and inhumanity.

And he mentions a similar incident again in 1756, this time in relation to a man he refers to as Punch. Flogged Punch well and then washed and rubbed salt pickle, lime juice and bird pepper. Made Negro Joe piss in his eyes and mouth. I could go on, but you get the point.

When Mrs. Palin invoked slavery, she doesn’t just prove her rank ignorance. She confirms that if anyone truly qualified for a dose of discipline from Thomas Thistlewood, then she would be the outstanding candidate.

I've got to comment on Mr. Bashir. Of course he could pick and choose the story he wanted to tell but in truth the treatment of slaves throughout history has been one ranging from brutality to being treated almost as a family member. What Palin was referring to was Americans becoming economic slaves to China. Anyone with common sense could tell that. What I think and hope Eye was saying was that slavery was good for the economy during that time period, not that it was good for the slaves. The entire Country benefited from the cheap labor supplied by slaves, even the north. Also Eye, Lincoln only emancipated the slaves in the southern states because the north had no slave states

Cheap labor is fantastic for the benefactors of the cheap labor, not so good for those born and bred to live a life of forced servitude.  EyE and Bashir may want to equate people working tough jobs at or near the minimum wage with slavery, but a true Republican like Sarah Palin understands that an economic collapse would subject us into a condition where we have something much akin to slavery. 

Let's also not forget, black slavery was state-sponsored by the US Government until the Civil War.  A much stronger federal government like we get every day could easily introduce it back by just passing laws that infringe on those pesky rights amended to the Constitution.  Which could occur even before a collapse.

William

it's the same as the gentlemen in the video who consider the "slave castle" as their "Auschwitz " when in fact there is no comparison. The slave castle was a transportation depot and shipping point for slaves to be loaded on ships and transported to the Colonies. Whereas  Auschwitz was a death camp which had only one purpose and that was the final destination for the systematic killing of an entire group of people. 

There's also a myth that most slaves were physically mistreated.  A slave had a lot of value not only for their labor but for their skills in blacksmithing, carpentry, farming and many other trades. To physically damage them would prevent them from working and would lower their value. I'm not saying slave owners were benevolent, they just took pains not to damage the goods.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service