I was out riding my bicycle on this nice October day by the residence of a lady I know.  She is beautiful, yet simple; she is the ward of a guardian, whose decisions are made for her.  She was adopted long ago with strict rules given by the parents as to how she was to be taken care of.  Recently, her guardianship has changed and the rules were mostly forgotten.

I noticed a truck that belonged to a friend of the new guardian.  Concealed by some nearby foliage, I seen him taking advantage of her.  Before I could do anything, I saw two more of the guardian's friends drive their vehicles up to her place, and they got out and joined in the assault.  I wanted to call 911, but knew the guardian was a co-worker and a very good friend of the local police chief, who would allow this to continue.  I sneaked off, disgusted, and went home to get my camera, so as to chronicle the nasty development to help her in the future.

When I got back, the vehicles had left and this poor lady was hurting.  She had multiple cuts all over her body, and they had even spray painted her all over. It looked painful and I took pictures of the hurt they had inflicted on her.  Before I could even think of doing more, they came back and brought some more friends with them.  The anguish I felt with not being to help this lady was great, but I went away while they came back at her.  Once again they assaulted her, cutting her up, damaging her beyond immediate repair.  I took more pictures of the carnage, but they paid little attention to me-- they knew I couldn't help her out, and they had weapons.

They continued this for the rest of the afternoon, cleaned up a little bit afterwards, and left.  I consoled her afterwards, but knew there was little I could do to help her before they would come back again and do worse to her.  Tomorrow the raping will continue.

Pre:  100_1081.JPG   100_1084.JPG   100_1087.JPG

During:  100_1091.JPG   100_1097.JPG   100_1100.JPG

Views: 1461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took the apple of my eye out for a walk late last week and detoured through the multi-use path and she saw the fencing off to the side. She didn't know what the fences were for, and since she was in some "save the earth" unit in school, and has been influenced over the years by my common-sense conservationism and love for the great outdoors, she had what you would call a very negative reaction as we diverted our route once again to the dog park area.

After she made her feelings known over a couple of minutes, I let her know what it was going to be used for; knowing she loves dogs, I spoke more positively about it than I have in these forums. All of a sudden, the fences weren't as bad as they were a few moments before, and she wanted to check it out next year. Talk about cognitive confusion. On our way back home, without provocation by me, she made a point to notice a couple of places where she thought the dog park should be-- of course, a bit closer to home.
Although I have not seen it in person, I can imagine what all the fuss is about. A chain link fence does not lend itself to a natural wooded setting and after time, the metal develops a nasty appearance. I've never seen a dog park in a similar setting, but hopefully this one will live up to the promises of the committee and become an asset to the community. Time will tell.
These are the only fences that exist in Cartier Park beyond the camping area. As for diverting usage, this is effectively a playground for dogs. A playground for kids built in Cartier Park in the same place would more than likely be voted down in public opinion because of its remoteness and the abundance of outdoor playgrounds for kids in the area.

Unfortunately, its remoteness and the fact that there is no other dog parks in Mason County gives justification to many that support the dog park's placement here to overlook a diversion of use from a public vote. I support that democratic ideal; I support preserving our natural parks; I support following the intent and letter of our local law. Joe Moloney, and the DPC, believe otherwise.

City Manager John Shay's recent non-lawful denial/request for illegal fees of my FOIA request pertaining to affairs dealing with Cartier Park and Joe Moloney should help illustrate the City's refusal to follow the rules. Does the time looking up the original agreement with the Cartier's and Stearn's families cost over $100 to do? Does retrieving the E-Mails and minutes from the few committee meetings Joe Moloney had concerning this dog park cost over $100?
Mary and anyone else interested, here's some pics. I took today of the new Central Bark Park, being broken in by a few beautiful dogs, including me and mine. It was fun, but a bit cold. We stayed for about 40 minutes to let my girl stretch her long legs.
Attachments:
A couple more of the local doggy action today.
Attachments:
Thanks for posting your photos, Aqua. The dogs seem to be enjoying the camaraderie, and it's a nice way for their masters to meet other dog lovers. I have to agree with X on the transformation of the natural setting, though. It does spoil the beauty of the park.
Thanks Disarm, I somehow knew you might have a big heart under there somewhere, good to see it now. Those blurred pics. were to give the observer another view of a dog in action, running quite fast. She was having so much fun running, it was hard to get her to sit still in that environment. First time there for trial run. This small area in the large Cartier Park is not obtrusive nor ugly imho. And it's long overdue. I know a lot of good will come, I met two nice ladies and their six dogs, so nice and well behaved too.
Here's a couple more of my pup when she slowed down once.
Attachments:
Very good-looking dogs, Aquaman, and obviously well-cared for. I would hope that you and any others that have taken my opposition to having the Dog Park inside Cartier Park without a public vote, do not interpret that as me being anti-dog. Just as I wouldn't be anti-kid if I were to object to a playground being placed there without going through the proscribed process.

I am unapologetically anti-corruption, and what the City Government did to get this here, was done without following the law, even if you believe putting up all this fencing and restricting access is not a diversion of the use of the public parkland. Very bad precedent for screwing up the rest of Ludington's parks by private/public ventures with good intentions.

Here's my own picture of that section of Cartier Park earlier this fall w/o dogs. I think its beautiful, and in a way, irreplaceable-- just like many here feel about their dogs.

Geez, your such a hater X. naw, I 'm kidding. I drove through there again the other day and I think that the fence is rather hideous intrusive. makes me wonder how much research was put into this.

Check out this dog park. Now that's my style.

http://www.hssv.org/dogpark.html
Geez Sheila, you think our community has the wherewithall financially that a silicon valley Cal. area does? Groomed lawns like a golf course? Attendants that check tags, vaccinations, and owners backgrounds? Doggie Ice Cream socials? Not for my woof woof thank you. She's a low maintenance gal, and I'm going to keep it that way, simple. Btw, if you think that simple park looks intrusive now, wait till the city gets done with sign posting of more rules and nonsense, doggie bags and gloves, a park attendant to annoy and confuse, and the list that is to come will probably be ridiculous.
"low maintainance?" what is that. Something I would know nothing about!

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service