In the continued quarrel between the Cole supporters and Fiers supporters about who has ran the more honorable and ethical campaign, there have been a lot of claims.  For the most part, I think most of these claims are personal, and viewpoint-driven.  But something that continues to bewilder me is the seemingly blatant personal attack that Kim Cole regularly does in a subtle manner in his "promise" ads:

This was clipped from Friday's COLDNews.  Sergeant Cole says:  "My promise to the people of Mason County:  I will restore pride, tradition and honor to the Sheriff's Office"  Emphasis added on the verb and abstract nouns of his promise.  Looking closer at the definitions of those terms:

restoreVerb:  1.Bring back; reinstate.   2.Return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position.

prideNoun: 1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

traditionNoun:  1. An inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior.

honorNoun:  1.  High respect; esteem

To restore these three abstractions, therefore, he is effectively saying that the three have been lacking in the current administration.  That Jeff Fiers has ran a sheriff's office where pride, tradition, and honor have been lost somewhere along the way.  Three questions to Kim Cole or his supporters about Sheriff Fiers:

1.  When has Sheriff Fiers not been proud of the MCSO, and the part he plays in it?

2.  What positive traditions of the MCSO has Sheriff Fiers eliminated or ignored during his one term in office?

3.  When has Sheriff Fiers been anything but honorable, to his office or to his subordinates?

And then one last question:

4.  How specifically will Sergeant Cole restore these when he gets to office, thus fulfilling his promise?

The statement Kim Cole makes in his advertisement is negative and insulting, and shows that he may just restore pride in the office, if we consider the fifth definition of pride, which is generally considered one of the seven deadly sins:  "an excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit."  

Views: 1738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chuck, history is our main proofs, well said X, some forget that it's the people that are the most important aspect of the dept. not strictly the union officers that are employed there.

"a real sheriff" ?  Pretty respectful, Sean, and just goes to show who Kim Cole represents.

What does that mean "all the people of Tallman Lake"? Why would a bunch of seniors citizens cry over Cole as Sheriff? Does he refuse to help them cross the street?

WOW  !!!  Cole must really be proud to have you supporting him Sean...That comment shows what KIND of person you truly are,the sad part is that I belive Cole has the same attitude as you. If he becomes Sheriff TALLMAN LAKE and the surronding areas are going to suffer greatly do to the ignorance that you obviously share.So tell us is this a joke that you and Mr.Cole have shared between you both???.You might as well tell us since you just opened your mouth and let your brains spill out...Just shows what he stands for as a person.

I admire and respect the passionate devotion to the causes in this forum. I would rather have a person with a sound belief system disagree with me, than a person with no foundation who agrees with me. My beliefs about Kim Cole are already known, so I will not bore the forum with repetition. I encourage everyone to vote if they have not already. May God place the right people in power from the Mason County Sheriff to the President.

Very kind and agreeable comments there Brian, thank you for your astute observations and posts.

You are welcome Aquaman. I think we agree on more topics than we disagree. You're a good guy.

I have been on the Fiers team since the August Primary andCole has done nothing but play dirty.  THIS IS SMALL TOWN AMERICA COLE,  leave the dirty politics to the WHITE HOUSE.   I met  Mr. Cole once in Fountain Market and he is a crabby old man who does not know how to smile and his people skills suck.  His shit probly smells worse than mine because I have heart, perwsonality, honesty and  a heart of gold.  I see thse traits in Jeff but not Kim.  He is a snob and all he wants to do is put the budget back in red.  Keep Jeff in Office he wors hard balancing budgets.  Jeff Fiers has my utmost respect.  Cole had no right to mention Arlene at the last forum.  She is only being an aw!!!!!!!!!!!!esome Mother and  very nice lady.  SHAME ON YOU MR. COLE!

I do not and will not suck upto  anyone or anything.   I am a law abiding cititzen and if Mr. Cole wants to harass me, well I have an awesome lawyer and will sue him.  Cole has been named in at least 4 or5  lawsuits

He must like Court, should have been a lawyer

Billie Ann,

If Sergeant Cole has been mentioned in any other lawsuits beside the Schilling one, please bring that to our attention.  If you can't bring those up, then you are perhaps guilty of defaming him.  Let's not assassinate anyone's character on hearsay information.

Nice name calling Johanna, and way to bash someone’s integrity and career without any facts, just like Fiers has been doing.  How about you don’t commit a crime or speed or make poor choices and you won’t have contact with a police officer.  If you get on the wrong side of myself I wouldn’t treat you very well either, who would??

Hah look at you talking all rightous and who are you to speak of name calling sean where are your posts from yesterday ????Why did you erase them ??? Is it because you are a embarrassment to yourself ??? There you go AGAIN LYING I will say it loud and clear so that you can understand it sean JEFF FIERS HAS NOT,DOES NOT AND DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO BASH ANYONES INTEGRITY (COLE HAS BUT FIERS HAS NOT)so you can stoplying now ,we all know the truth. By the way are you admitting that when the public get on the wrong side of kim cole he does not treat them very well...Thank you for confirming that for us.

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service