Don't forget to get out to the polls and vote today.  Vote your conscience, but vote only once.  Try to be well informed about the issues and the candidates, but don't forget to bring a spare coin in to the booth with you.  Remember, but don't be discouraged if you are a member of the Libertarian or Tea Party that: 

It's just part of the election process.

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the reminder and for not telling me who to vote for. as if the robocalls havent reminded me allready. i am going to go and make my statement in a couple of hours.
Current results-- It looks like a clean sweep for area Republicans as of Midnight on Tuesday night:

Final Congress, State Senate, State House results for Mason County
LDN Staff -
Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mason County election results with 25 of 25 precincts reporting:

State House of Representatives 101st district

Ray Franz- 5,231

Dan Scripps- 4,781

State Senate 34th district

Goeff Hansen- 6,793

Mary Valentine- 3,202

U.S. Congress 2nd district

Bill Huizenga- 6,402

Fred Johnson- 3,395

Those reporting are: Custer, Meade, Scottville 1 and 2, PM Twp. 1 and 2, Ludington City precincts 1, 2, 3,5, 4,6, Free Soil, Grant, Sheridan, Summit, Eden, Riverton, Victory, Branch, Logan, Amber Twp., Hamlin 1 and 2, Sherman

---

In the Scripps-Franz race, which also includes Benzie, Leelanau and Manistee counties:

Benzie is reporting Scripps ahead, 2,829 to Franz with 2,524 votes, with 11 of 13 precincts reporting

In the Scripps-Franz race, Manistee County has Franz ahead with 4,285 votes and Scripps with 4,189 votes with 21 of 23 precincts reporting.

In the Scripps-Franz race, Leelanau County has Franz ahead with 5,305 votes and Scripps with 4,675 votes with 15 of 16 precincts reporting.

---

In the Hansen-Valentine race, which also includes Oceana, Muskegon, Newaygo Counties: Muskegon is reporting with 48 of 76 precincts, Hansen is ahead with 17,180 votes to Valentine's 11,550 votes

Oceana County is reporting with 14 of 18 precincts reporting, Hansen is ahead with 3,972 votes and Valentine with 1,500 votes

----

In the Huizenga-Johnson race, Muskegon County, with 48 of 76 precincts reporting, shows Huizenga ahead with 16,122 votes to Johnson's 11,718 votes.

In the Huizenga-Johnson race, Manistee County, with 11 of 23 precincts reporting, shows Huizenga ahead with 3,176 votes and Johnson with 2,094 votes.

Oceana County is reporting with 14 of 18 precincts reporting, that Huizenga is ahead with 3,480 votes to Johnson's 1,814 votes.
I count Franz ahead at 17,345 and Scripps at 16,474 at this point (51.3% to 48.7%) and easy wins by the rest of the Rs.
Glad to see Snyder win... wasn't really to worried, this just wasn't the democrats year here in Michigan. Now hopefully he can get something happening in a good way.
With the Republican gains in Michigan, the next major task for all is to keep them on track, here and in the House of Reps. If they fail, maybe we should consider the Tea Party movement as a third party in 2012. Both D and R parties are over 150 years old after all, and ready for retirement.
Nothing like elections to give a person pure disappointment and wonder why the world doesn't just blow itself up and take us all with it.

With an AG like Schuette we may as well kill ourselves.

Unlike casey, I've lost the rage, or at least the energy to do anything about it, It is sad when you start to understand the kids who do the school shootings, when you know right where they are coming from. When you give up the rage for complacency. When you realize some $%^ is always going to have his thumb on us pushing us under water.

I'm glad there are still people left to fight the fight though.

uhg...just another miserable day. Only now the totalitarian, authoritarian we will tell you how to live republicans took over.

At least with the dems we only had a butterknife held to our throat, now its a presicion sharpened carbon steel dagger in front of our heart.
Sheila
I think you underestimate the Democrats ability to do damage. I personally would like to see a middle of the road, common sense, third party that the majority of citizens could support.
A toast to that!
wouldn't that be nice!
In the AG race, David Leyton was the only Democrat I voted for. Not because I had anti-Schuette tendencies, but because Leyton seemed more dedicated for going after government corruption. Either way, I'm glad we got that goofball Cox out. His name sounds as if it belongs in a Simpson's episode:

BART: (on phone to Moe's Tavern) Could you find out whether my dad , Mike Cox, is there?
MOE: (shouting): Has anyone seen Mike Cox? Is Mike Cox hanging out here?

As for perspective, I thought there was plenty of totalitarian and authoritarian activity by the Democrats over the last two years. It just wasn't pointed out in most media outlets.
You're stealing my Mike Cox material!!! Let's see, two years in for the big O and we still have military presences in Iraq and Afghanistan, Club Gitmo is still running, Big Banks, Big Autos, Big Medicine are under more governmental control than ever, just to name a few. Change to more Totalitarianism has been done.
When Esther posted her thang over yonder recently, several days ago, a light went off upstairs. I think X has some sort of telepathy on this too, he just mentioned what I have thought for quite a few years about a third independently, conservative, constitutional, fiscally responsible, grass-roots party for the future of our country, and masses. Maybe Tea Party should actually be a Political Party, for the people, and by the people. One accountable to what the majority actually aspire to and want for the future. Not bickering and squandering into the abyss, but responsible grass-roots people that really care, with term limits, no special interest monies, not lifetime politicians, but believe in low taxation, freedoms expanded, economic progression, border and immigration enforcement, limited and canceled wars overseas, help to the individual and investors in this great country too. People that really want prosperity and are willing to vote that way on the record for progress that can make a difference for real change, not invisible change that costs us a fortune in broken promises. People that go to work for the public's best interests only, not their own pocketbook. We may just be on a new wavelength of true change, and as we all know, real positive change is good, right?

RSS

© 2024   Created by XLFD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service